configuration problem with sub and DSP!

Participant count
  • Participant list

surreal89

CarAudio.com Newbie
Italy
Some mono amplifiers indicate in the manual to use both RCAs, both left and right.
But if a DSP has only one channel available, what happens if I only use a single RCA?..I noticed that with a single RCA the sub signal is only present on one side of the scale.
By putting two perhaps the channels should be added to the mono.
But since I don't have two free outputs on the DSP perhaps I should use an RCA Y?.. in this way I connect the two signals which then add up into a single channel right?
But what happens instead by using a single RCA without adding the signal of both?..I'm interested to know if there can be an attenuation also in dB

Easy fix,

If your DSP has a single mono output, split it with a Y and run both to the sub. In my experience, even though the sub amp has two inputs that are summed, it will affect the low level input voltage to the circuit and the output to the subs.

Which DSP, which amp?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...