Computer building, I am

Popwarhomie

CarAudio.com Elite VIP
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Jan 22, 2010
FL
I played it alot on Xbox but decided to start over on PC. Settings on medium I can sit at 60fps but in PVP with explosions or in cities my FPS drops to 48-50 at times. I figured I would go to a 3060ti this year but after seeing it only averaging 60FPS on ultra settings I might have to look into a 3070. From the videos I have seen the 3070 averages 70fps on ultra settings at 1080p

Reactions: Buck

Coolhand20th

CarAudio.com Elite
Mar 27, 2019
Wisconsin
I plan on going to the 3070 super when it comes out later this year. RDR2 is a taxing game no doubt. I also run a 32" LG 2k Monitor with G-Sync which also improves the graphics a lot as well. Nice thing is though a lot of Freesync monitors now support Nvidia G-Sync just not the full amount though.

Popwarhomie

CarAudio.com Elite VIP
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Jan 22, 2010
FL
I plan on going to the 3070 super when it comes out later this year. RDR2 is a taxing game no doubt. I also run a 32" LG 2k Monitor with G-Sync which also improves the graphics a lot as well. Nice thing is though a lot of Freesync monitors now support Nvidia G-Sync just not the full amount though.
I was wondering about that. All the monitors that I like end up being Freesync. Like the Gigabyte G27F.

Coolhand20th

CarAudio.com Elite
Mar 27, 2019
Wisconsin
Yeah just have to check with the makers page and it should tell you if it is G-sync compatible or not. Mine is a 500 dollar monitor but I got it on sale from Newegg for 350 with free shipping.

LsGuy

Manila Gorilla
Sep 11, 2020
Ohio
I run quad monitors. All 27 inch gsync 1440p IPS 1ms response 144 hz. 3 span on the bottom one up top. Depending on the game I run either spanned across the bottom 3, with internet page on top monitor (usually while gaming I need to look things up). Or, I just run on the center bottom monitor.

Reactions: Buck

Buck

[email protected]
Pro Seller
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
May 19, 2008
FL
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I run quad monitors. All 27 inch gsync 1440p IPS 1ms response 144 hz. 3 span on the bottom one up top. Depending on the game I run either spanned across the bottom 3, with internet page on top monitor (usually while gaming I need to look things up). Or, I just run on the center bottom monitor.
Just thinking about that makes my eyeballs hurt lol

Coolhand20th

CarAudio.com Elite
Mar 27, 2019
Wisconsin
I can set mine up with quad as well but haven't because of the room. Mine are all 144hz or this one is 165hz. 3 24" monitors, used to have it setup as a triple at one point but no point anymore with this 32" since I can see everything just have a 2nd monitor setup now for other stuff while gaming. Plus I have a 32" samsung tv next to all this as well for tv.

Buck

[email protected]
Pro Seller
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
May 19, 2008
FL
I had to reinstall fallout 4. I have 50 mods and one of them was so unique that I couldn't overwrite it with any other mod to correct the mistake. So I needed to download fresh files. Many mods are well done, but this particular one overwrote everything in one specific area. Ugh

Buck

[email protected]
Pro Seller
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
May 19, 2008
FL
Fans are installed in front of the rad. Had to figure out how to let Asus's bios set them below 60%. I was going to take them out, 60% speed on these fans is 1800 rpm, and that's loud. It's funny, these fans will make the fans behind it spin faster. They do make some sort of weird now, sounds like a static electricity noise or some sort of rattle. You can't hear it unless your a foot or two from the intake, but it's a surprising noise at about 1200 rpm.

Were these fans unnecessary? Probably. Not any louder than my GPU fans. I just wanted to see if a push/pull works at all. I have my rear rad fans set lower now, we'll see how it works when it's during the day and warmer.

Buck

[email protected]
Pro Seller
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
May 19, 2008
FL
I've been running into issues with Fallout 4. Not sure if it's from modding or what. The screen will flash and ultimately the game will crash. The issue just got worse and worse, so I'm going to reinstall again and go step by step. It wasn't doing this before so I gotta figure out what the issue is. I suspect it's some clash with the game and one or more of the mods. Sometimes it's easier to delete everything and start from scratch. PC modding is so much different than PS4 modding. I'm determined to figure this out so I can play the way I want.

Buck

[email protected]
Pro Seller
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
May 19, 2008
FL
My POS logitech mouse broke in the most pathetic way. The scroll wheel stopped working before I ever drained the first set of batteries. It was a logitech G603 mouse. It was just built cheaply, it felt cheap. 4 months of use for a $60 mouse.

LsGuy

Manila Gorilla
Sep 11, 2020
Ohio
My POS logitech mouse broke in the most pathetic way. The scroll wheel stopped working before I ever drained the first set of batteries. It was a logitech G603 mouse. It was just built cheaply, it felt cheap. 4 months of use for a $60 mouse.
That's weird, Logitech usually makes halfway decent devices

Popwarhomie

CarAudio.com Elite VIP
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Jan 22, 2010
FL
I hate dealing with batteries so I went wired keyboard and mouse. I got the G502 mainly cause I liked the looks but I have been happy with it.

LsGuy

Manila Gorilla
Sep 11, 2020
Ohio
I hate dealing with batteries so I went wired keyboard and mouse. I got the G502 mainly cause I liked the looks but I have been happy with it.
Agreed on the wired part. At home I run a razer death adder elite on the desktop that I've had for probably 5 years no issues, then traveling for work I run a death adder v2 on the laptop and it's excellent as well. Though I've had many logitech mice as well over the years with no issues.

Coolhand20th

CarAudio.com Elite
Mar 27, 2019
Wisconsin
Nothing but issues with Logitech Mice and keyboards gave up on them a long time ago. I use Razer Deathadder Elite V2 now but I abuse mice so badly that I go through them every 3-4 years. But the razers still work just that they don't work as well as they used to so I replace them.

LsGuy

Manila Gorilla
Sep 11, 2020
Ohio
Nothing but issues with Logitech Mice and keyboards gave up on them a long time ago. I use Razer Deathadder Elite V2 now but I abuse mice so badly that I go through them every 3-4 years. But the razers still work just that they don't work as well as they used to so I replace them.
Razer is very hit or miss on their quality, bu that's my mouse of choice as well. Along with a black widow elite keyboard, both have served me well for years. I used to use the R.A.T 7 mouses 10-15 years ago, loved the adjustable weights. Unfortunately I picked one up 4 ish years ago and it only lasted 4 months before the laser started kicking the bucket. No more of those for me.

Coolhand20th

CarAudio.com Elite
Mar 27, 2019
Wisconsin
Playing WoW, Starcraft, COD and a ton of other games I am hard on gaming mice. Razer has always served me well since they came out. The issues were with their switches but they fixed that years ago. I have even replaced switches in a couple models over the years. That is what goes bad on mine the switches it is never the laser or rolling button or any button just the switches from so much use.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)

Latest posts

Newest threads

Most posts - Past 30 days

Latest classifieds