Computer building, I am

Buck

Why so Sirius?
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
May 19, 2008
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I also run Radeon's visual sharpening 24/7. It makes games look soooooo good. I use my GPU's advanced functions when I draw my box designs up, so that the box designs have as good of looking image as possible. I do use supersampling, 8x AA, 16x anisotropic filtering, and high quality textures and filtering (leave those on all the time for my regular desktop usage). Makes the box designs look good :geek:

Buck

Why so Sirius?
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
May 19, 2008
I've been trying to adjust my screen to make it easier on my eyes. That helps keep my CNS calm, which is essential to me. I have trouble seeing due to neurological problems, where I have tons of visual snow in my vision, 24/7. Having visual snow in your vision like mine is like old school analog antenna tv's; specifically when half the screen looks like static, because your signal is poor. That's what my vision looks like.

This is a pretty good example, and yes it really can be that bad:

I've found over-saturation works the best out of everything so far. I have trouble seeing small details or slight color changes due to the snow, just depends, seeing is complicated. But, both my GPU and monitor have the same color settings, so I can like double do any color setting. I've been running the absolute highest saturation on both my monitor and GPU, run the lowest brightness on the GPU (to keep it cooler) and run the highest on my monitor. This has helped me a bit see what I'm doing better, but it's sort of like nauseating. Part of my struggles box designing is eye related neuro problems. It's amazing how much pain sitting at a computer can spark up. I think these screens we stare at are more powerful than we think.

We stare at bright screens constantly, and I think it actually inducts electrical signals from the screen radiation into our actual neurological systems, and can cause problems, maybe sort of like too much cholesterol clogging up your blood vessels. I'm just a sensitive person, lol, so how the color of my screen is determines what my visual snow looks like after I stop staring at the screen. Like say I'm box designing, I can run a more white hue or blue/red/yellow. From staring at whatever screen colors for hours and hours, it changes the way my vision looks. It's a issue for me with triggering migraine like symptoms. If your neuro system is a trashcan like mine, lmk what you run, lol.

ThxOne

AudioFreak
5,000+ posts
Jun 8, 2018
I have been a lil spend happy. I use a steelseries Apex keyboard and a steelseries Rival 700 mouse... steelseries hard surface mouse pad of course. So I decided I want better RGB and bought two Rival 600 mice and an Apex 7 Keyboard with red mechanical switches. The extra mouse is a new/open box one for spare parts. Just in case. I also bought a matching HP wireless mouse for my HP EliteBook.

ThxOne

AudioFreak
5,000+ posts
Jun 8, 2018
Just bought a brand new 6TB WD Blue hard drive for $99 on Newegg. I have 3 - 1TB WD Blues right now, one of which is almost full. Gonna consolidate and free up some space on the faster spinning drives.

ThxOne

AudioFreak
5,000+ posts
Jun 8, 2018

Coolhand20th

CarAudio.com Elite VIP
Mar 27, 2019
I've got around 4 or 5 of those drives with one being the 1st gen right after it came out 3 or 4 years ago. None of given me any trouble and I use/abuse my drives with the amount of games I have or programs I put on or take off all the time. That is the normal price for those hard drives at Newegg and by some chance they don't have them amazon has them at that price usually as well.

Reactions: Buck and ThxOne

ThxOne

AudioFreak
5,000+ posts
Jun 8, 2018
All done. Went from 3TB of storage to 8TB. Took a while to transfer all those movies and music.

Reactions: Buck

Buck

Why so Sirius?
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
May 19, 2008
I’ve got 3tb on m PC but like 8gb worth of external drives. Man, backing up PC’s correctly is difficult, in all reality. It’s easy to keep files, but to do a system image, there’s so many requirements that you better know before hand, like not making your drives 4096 sector size, because it seems to be so incompatible with so much backup related stuff.

Buck

Why so Sirius?
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
May 19, 2008
I wish technology would slow the f*ck down too. I feel like new stuff comes out so quickly that I can’t even enjoy what I have.

Radeon had a new update for all GPU’s. What I don’t understand is why companies do updates that fundamentally change how the GPU interacts with the computer. Radeon needs to like stop adding shit to their program and maybe focus on keeping it from regularly crashing and fans not turning on and cpu temps not reading. There’s like a laundry list of things Radeon should do before adding new features, like, idk, making the the program more stable?

Of course windows 10 aids updates don’t help the problem, neither does my motherboard’s whacky usb/pcie relationship. Everything always works fine, and then somebody just have to do an update.

Does anyone else get windows 10 updates quite regularly? Sometimes I’ll get 3-4 updates in a month, and magically my computer starts malfunctioning. It’s soooo frustrating. Between Radeon and windows updates, I’m gonna be a pro at keeping a dogged OS operational 🤣👌

Coolhand20th

CarAudio.com Elite VIP
Mar 27, 2019
Wouldn't know on Windows 10 Updates. Mine is setup so nothing gets installed unless I want it to. I do custom windows installs on my setups so it isn't like what they have you install. I change a ton of stuff to the point I could never show anyone as its determined what I find at that moment when I start looking into files.

Nvidia does driver updates all the time depending on games that come out and what not. So does AMD as well. AMD drivers are known to be a real sore spot in the AMD community for the past 20 years. Their drivers **** in comparison to the way Nvidia does theirs. Nvidia has had driver updates down pat for the past 15-20 years. Very rare to see one of their drivers screw up. The one thing I avoid from Nvidia drivers is the GeForce Experience. AMD has that as well along with streaming crap they install. So that stuff doesn't get put in on any update I do.

Reactions: Buck

ThxOne

AudioFreak
5,000+ posts
Jun 8, 2018
Just spent 30min quieting down my keyboard with little O rings on each key. They worked for sure.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.