Does anyone even care about car audio anymore?

Alpine4life89

CarAudio.com Elite
10+ year member
Mar 23, 2009
missouri
Man 10-20 years ago i met so many people who were into it but i can't remember the last time i met someone who was into it

ThxOne

AudioFreak
Jun 8, 2018
Saint Marys, GA
Yeah, they are around. There is just so much more going on now to distract people. I got hooked in 1990 at a car audio store in Columbus Ohio when I first heard a pair of Kicker Comp 10's in a sealed box. They blew my mind. Here we are many years later. Car audio nutz are still out there.

Louisiana_CRX

dem shoes......
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Aug 22, 2006
Piney Hills of Louisiana
Man 10-20 years ago i met so many people who were into it but i can't remember the last time i met someone who was into it
20201222_152216.jpg

I use to be into it a little myself ....

Alpine4life89

CarAudio.com Elite
10+ year member
Mar 23, 2009
missouri
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
These new cars with their integrated systems and "high end audio" stock options, it's a passing i.v the butt to install anything anymore. These young cats don't want to deal with all that. That's why I kept my old truck
Yeah man i just tore my 2016 mustang apart to install a navigation head unit

Took like 14 hours or some shit

Dafaseles

CarAudio.com Recruit
Nov 12, 2020
Yeah man i just tore my 2016 mustang apart to install a navigation head unit

Took like 14 hours or some shit
Wait until this whole electric car take over comes into play.... no alternator, no big systems anymore. Not much car customization at all if any. It's sad

Louisiana_CRX

dem shoes......
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Aug 22, 2006
Piney Hills of Louisiana
Yeah man i remember you from like 2008-2009

I never competed but i have a good system in every one of my cars
I try to put a decent system in all my cars also ... I have my 06 mustang tore apart right now getting ready for a new setup ..using a Kicker DX700, a ZR240 on a set of Kicker Resolution shallow 8 mids s and a ZR120 on the highs ..unsure of which yet ... gonna be doing a custom amp rack with sink links ..and two DD 1508s on sub duty ..a bunch of other goodies going in it as well .

Louisiana_CRX

dem shoes......
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Aug 22, 2006
Piney Hills of Louisiana
Wait until this whole electric car take over comes into play.... no alternator, no big systems anymore. Not much car customization at all if any. It's sad
We can all thank the new President and political party for that ...

ThxOne

AudioFreak
Jun 8, 2018
Saint Marys, GA
I have actually been thinking about that. An alternator remotely mounted with an electric motor to power the alternator.

• Haha
Reactions: Squirrel!

Dafaseles

CarAudio.com Recruit
Nov 12, 2020
I
I have actually been thinking about that. An alternator remotely mounted with an electric motor to power the alternator.
was thinking of something too. Maybe having it spun by the tire and the belt maybe? Figure it would have to power a completely different battery or battery bank then the one powering the car's motor(s). I don't know exactly how electric cars work so much... and I'm sure there will be different innovations and styles between the car and battery companies. We'll see I guess

ThxOne

AudioFreak
Jun 8, 2018
Saint Marys, GA
I

was thinking of something too. Maybe having it spun by the tire and the belt maybe? Figure it would have to power a completely different battery or battery bank then the one powering the car's motor(s). I don't know exactly how electric cars work so much... and I'm sure there will be different innovations and styles between the car and battery companies. We'll see I guess
Once the car stops, the alternator would stop... unless, again, you had an electric motor spinning the alternator.

I still don't know why they don't have the wheel spinning a generator on electric cars anyway. They are charging batteries on braking but there is no reason not to have a generator charging the batteries while the car is in motion, spun by the wheels. The car can charge itself.

Reactions: Dafaseles

Buck

[email protected]
Pro Seller
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
May 19, 2008
FL
Battery power cars still get their power from coal and oil and nuclear lol.

And mining the materials for those batteries is horrible for the earth. It takes a ton of energy to make those cars and then all the electrical losses instead of just taking oil out of the ground and burning it in a motor. There's gotta be so much electrical loss between a charging station and whatever power plant is supplying the power, and the power plants aren't green lol. I mean it's a joke, in reality. We can go to war in the middle east again to raid those lithium mines over there.

metalheadjoe

10+ year member
Oct 21, 2007
ND
Once the car stops, the alternator would stop... unless, again, you had an electric motor spinning the alternator.

I still don't know why they don't have the wheel spinning a generator on electric cars anyway. They are charging batteries on braking but there is no reason not to have a generator charging the batteries while the car is in motion, spun by the wheels. The car can charge itself.
You answered your own question. Regenerative braking. That's how hybrids do it anyway: accel uses battery and decel charges battery. Makes them drive like a rc car.

Popwarhomie

CarAudio.com Elite VIP
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Jan 22, 2010
FL
Not every peepee time is poopoo time but every poopoo time is peepee time.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest posts

Newest threads

Most posts - Past 30 days

Latest classifieds