Component help

Honestly, I've never run any of those brands. The Kappa's, as in Infinity Kappa, I'm running those in my truck and I'm happy with them.
Ok yes im looking at the infinity kappa perfect components for around 500 bucks just wondering how they compare to the other companies around the same money as i mentioned ive found hertz, ct sounds, presion power, morel all around same money with the ct sounds being a lil cheaper but i always was one for trying out the new guy on the market some times u get lucky and get a great product b4 they blow up and prices go up.

Honestly, I've never run any of those brands. The Kappa's, as in Infinity Kappa, I'm running those in my truck and I'm happy with them.
Ok yes im looking at the infinity kappa perfect components for around 500 bucks just wondering how they compare to the other companies around the same money as i mentioned ive found hertz, ct sounds, presion power, morel all around same money with the ct sounds being a lil cheaper but i always was one for trying out the new guy on the market some times u get lucky and get a great product b4 they blow up and price go up

PPI is **** now. I know you are inquiring about component speakers. No two brands sound the same and what you think sounds good may sound like crap to another. The point is, if you are able to, visit some car audio stores and listen to some different brands. We can suggest brands that are not crap but that doesn't mean you will like how they sound. I have listened to similarly priced JL Audio and Focal on the same power... the JL's were 6.5" and the Focal's were 5.25" components and the Focal's sounded WAY better to me. Kappa's are pretty darn nice, I have had some and enjoyed them. What has done you good in the past may I ask?

Ok yes im looking at the infinity kappa perfect components for around 500 bucks just wondering how they compare to the other companies around the same money as i mentioned ive found hertz, ct sounds, presion power, morel all around same money with the ct sounds being a lil cheaper but i always was one for trying out the new guy on the market some times u get lucky and get a great product b4 they blow up and price go up

Just like @ThxOne said. Mids and highs are a personal preference. Anybody can throw big money at mids/highs, but that doesn't always equal success. Get what sounds good to your ear, regardless of price.

PPI is **** now. I know you are inquiring about component speakers. No two brands sound the same and what you think sounds good may sound like crap to another. The point is, if you are able to, visit some car audio stores and listen to some different brands. We can suggest brands that are not crap but that doesn't mean you will like how they sound. I have listened to similarly priced JL Audio and Focal on the same power... the JL's were 6.5" and the Focal's were 5.25" components and the Focal's sounded WAY better to me. Kappa's are pretty darn nice, I have had some and enjoyed them. What has done you good in the past may I ask?
the audioshop by me pushes jl audio thats the only reason i dont like going to places that sell to get info causeof course they are gonna tell you what they sell is the best everyone else is crap thats why i came on here to find out what different ppl are running and how satisfied they are with what they bought i know in past systems in mid 90s i had infinity compon and then stepped up to a pricier advent set and wasted my money i thought but i had installed them so couldnt return them so when i eventually blew the tweeters by sending them more power then they could handle but well with in what they supposedly could handle rms i went with fosgate and back then i think the fosgate sounded the best and were a lil cheaper then the infinity again ths is when it was just fosgate no punch or prime or whatever existed yet

I hear ya. So many brands to choose from though. Several different types of tweeter materials and shapes. I will tell you one brand I was really impressed with when I heard them. Audison. Their Voce sets were mind blowing to me. If I had the money, here is my short list of speakers I have heard, in no particular order:

Audison - (soft dome tweeters)
Focal - (hard dome tweeters)
Hertz - (soft dome tweeters)
Rockford Fosgate Power T4 or T5
JL Audio's older ZR components - (hard dome tweeters)

Budget:
Kenwood eXcelon
Rockford Fosgate Power T1 or T2
JBL
Infinity
Polk
Alpine
Focal
Hertz

I hear ya. So many brands to choose from though. Several different types of tweeter materials and shapes. I will tell you one brand I was really impressed with when I heard them. Audison. Their Voce sets were mind blowing to me. If I had the money, here is my short list of speakers I have heard, in no particular order:

Audison - (soft dome tweeters)
Focal - (hard dome tweeters)
Hertz - (soft dome tweeters)
Rockford Fosgate Power T4 or T5
JL Audio's older ZR components - (hard dome tweeters)

Budget:
Kenwood eXcelon
Rockford Fosgate Power T1 or T2
JBL
Infinity
Polk
Alpine
Focal
Hertz
awesome this exactly what i was looking for and now that im informed on active vs passive i think i am def going the active route im gonna now add the audison to the list to check out further along with stevens i had never heard of either thx i appreciate the responses

thx everyone for the responses i have some homework to do and when i place the order i will update with what i went with i plan on doing front and rear doors in an acura TL so i will prob go higher end in front and med in rear just because im laidoff right now and dont have the cash to do both high end who knows though maybe by time i get around to back doors il be back to work if this economy doesnt suffer as bad as i think its going to from this corona crap

Based on what? Prime amps and speakers, Punch amps and speakers? RF still gives you more than you pay for but pay more and get lots more. Their power series has some pretty serious gear in that tier.
their higher lines like t3, t4, t5 all are outsourced to seas prestige etc... they dont make it in house, they arent that talented.

I run a pair of prob 25 year old fosgate 5 n quarters right now and they blow my mind how loud they can get and still sound good but i know their quality is no where near what it was when these were made shame rf ppi are now made over seas they were both excellent brands

I run a pair of prob 25 year old fosgate 5 n quarters right now and they blow my mind how loud they can get and still sound good but i know their quality is no where near what it was when these were made shame rf ppi are now made over seas they were both excellent brands

I was running all Rockford back in 89'. Punch Pro 12's, 5-1/4" components up front with 5-1/4" coax rear fill. Rockford amp on the mids/highs and a Nakamichi mono amp on the bass. Running through a 1/2 din RF pre-amp and a Nak electronic crossover. Sony CD and Sony 1/2 din cassette player. That **** rocked back then. RF isn't the same.

I was running all Rockford back in 89'. Punch Pro 12's, 5-1/4" components up front with 5-1/4" coax rear fill. Rockford amp on the mids/highs and a Nakamichi mono amp on the bass. Running through a 1/2 din RF pre-amp and a Nak electronic crossover. Sony CD and Sony 1/2 din cassette player. That **** rocked back then. RF isn't the same.
Yeah i can see that i currently am running two old school rf punch amps the 401s and the 501x and both still slam and are well under rated in their power i also run an old alpine mrp400 which does the highs very well

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.