Complete Legacy System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by westsidarida well for your information I've only worked at this shop for 6 mos. and I'm on a probationary period for the new nightcrew we just started and this aint the biggest ****ing shop in the u.s., we only deal with steel threading at my part of the shop(which is page industrial supplies) and I wish you people would stop calling ppl liars unless you can prove it. And if you want to prove mine call page industrial supplies and ask for james kuehn or myself. and what does this have to do with legacy, do you need a ****ing kangaroo court to decide if you might be able to get some realistic, legitimate info on a product. And if you don't like the product and feel like calling it ****, garbage, or whatever then do so but don't go calling the person asking the question names and telling him **** you, **** balls all that good stuff you know what I'm saying. And the last part aint directed at you personally.
dood, not to keep beatin a dead horse, but if you have been there six months you CERTAINLY arent gonna be a foreman, and i you work at a place that does custom bolts, taps/dies, or INITIAL custom thredings, then there is no forman except the manager that makes 60k a year that walks around...you my friend, would be working in a machine shop

Originally posted by Grand AMature bubba called, he misses you. he said showering wasnt the same without your sweet ass. i dont know, he said you'd know what he meant?
hahahaha. Like I said just hit me up at my email and we can arrange something. Don't believe everything you see in the movies, cuz only the people on the inside know what's really going on. But thanks for the input on legacy I now know so much more because of your enlightenment.

you know what dood? i just read your last post and yes i am an *******, am i a liar? no...i work for midas in bethesda maryland...is midas a **** company? yes...am i making good money? **** no...am i making good money FOR MY AGE? meh, its decent....however, your are correct in that this has nothing whatsoever to do with the shitty amp i myself own or that someone else is thinking of buying:)**** the argument, i apologize ::extends hand::

OK GUYS IF YOUR GOING TO SIT HERE AND ACT LIKE BABY'S AND CRY GO TO THE FLAME FORUM FOR THAT.....ADMIN HAS BEEN CONTACTED...HOPEFULLY HE WILL MOVE THIS THREED AND CLOSE IT.....GEESH...GROW UP GUYS....

Originally posted by filthyfiresnake dood, not to keep beatin a dead horse, but if you have been there six months you CERTAINLY arent gonna be a foreman, and i you work at a place that does custom bolts, taps/dies, or INITIAL custom thredings, then there is no forman except the manager that makes 60k a year that walks around...you my friend, would be working in a machine shop
you call it potatoe I call it potatoe, you get what I'm sayin', to feel special like I used to when I rode the short bus I call my self a foreman, technically I would be a crewleader. Thank you for Informing me that I work at a machine shop, I always wondered what to call it, besides a shop. Hey I guess that would also make me a machinist wouldn't it. **** I can't believe how much there is to learn on this site to bad I couldnt get this much info on the product I asked about, but then again dead horses love a good beating.lol

Originally posted by filthyfiresnake you know what dood? i just read your last post and yes i am an *******, am i a liar? no...i work for midas in bethesda maryland...is midas a **** company? yes...am i making good money? **** no...am i making good money FOR MY AGE? meh, its decent....however, your are correct in that this has nothing whatsoever to do with the shitty amp i myself own or that someone else is thinking of buying:)**** the argument, i apologize ::extends hand::
hands extendeed, can I get the midas touch.jk/lol

Originally posted by westsidarida I have alot of ?'s about legacy: 1) how close is there rms on there amps my amp says 2x1200watts. model#LA2070. is it actually running anywhere close to that? I'm going to purchase subs soon and i was wondering which would be my best option to get the most bass, I want loud not quality. here's my options 4-10's@400RMS each, 4-12's@500RMS, or 2-15's@600RMS these are all legacy. Model#'s LW1057(93db),LW1257(97db),LW1557(98db). and my other questions are should I be using a capacitor?, a cross-over, and last but not least an equalizer? And if you live in the vegas area would you like to help me install all this? jmichelle200@aol.com
actually it should say "the amp" not "my amp" cuz I haven't bought one yet

now that the ugliness is outta the way:) to be honest, their ratings that are STAMPED (or printed) on their amps is max power, not rms...i bought mine offa a friend who sold it to me for 20 bucks (and, given who its manufactured by, he didnt lose much money:)) but anyway, in my opinion a legacy amp (a high quality (if there is such a thing) legacy amp) is actually better than som low end cheap brand name ****.....they arent actually all that bad....just like jbl car audio, many people underestimate it based upon price...price is mostly everything, but not totally everything...obviously you cant compare my amp to a mtx 8000 series or my subs to jl's or mb quarts, but i garuntee you if you doubled the money i spent on my setup but raised its volume by nearly 5 db, i would be runnin right inline with the 3-600 dollar amp range and the 200-400 a speaker sub range....you would be surprised what you can get outta a legacy amp (legacy, as previously said in this thread, is to pyramid what technics is to panasonic...essentially its high end line)

a kid at my school's got 4 12 legacy's. never actually seen them, but he drives around the parking lot a couple times before leaving, just blaring it as loud as he can. kinda funny actually, my 2 12's, although nowhere's close to good quality, i think could actually be louder than his. when he drives by, you can definately tell that they're clipping, and i really want to know how he can't tell that. it's just so obvious.

Originally posted by filthyfiresnake now that the ugliness is outta the way:) to be honest, their ratings that are STAMPED (or printed) on their amps is max power, not rms...i bought mine offa a friend who sold it to me for 20 bucks (and, given who its manufactured by, he didnt lose much money:)) but anyway, in my opinion a legacy amp (a high quality (if there is such a thing) legacy amp) is actually better than som low end cheap brand name ****.....they arent actually all that bad....just like jbl car audio, many people underestimate it based upon price...price is mostly everything, but not totally everything...obviously you cant compare my amp to a mtx 8000 series or my subs to jl's or mb quarts, but i garuntee you if you doubled the money i spent on my setup but raised its volume by nearly 5 db, i would be runnin right inline with the 3-600 dollar amp range and the 200-400 a speaker sub range....you would be surprised what you can get outta a legacy amp (legacy, as previously said in this thread, is to pyramid what technics is to panasonic...essentially its high end line)
I basically agree with all that except...

Originally posted by filthyfiresnake legacy, as previously said in this thread, is to pyramid what technics is to panasonic...essentially its high end line
Legacy is nothing to pyramid except a sister company, just like ford and mercury. They use a lot of interchangable parts, and thier product line ups mirror each other in a lot of ways, but it's not a low-end/not-so-low-end relationship at all.

I think the only reason you can't put together a hell of a nice Legacy/pyramid system is because they simply don't have an amp that puts out enough power to do it with. I mean, thier biggest amps -- 2000 WATTS MAX -- are only putting out like 200x2. You might be able to get some components to sound good with that but you're not going to get a decent pair of subs to get loud.

If you have a little hatch back or something that one 10" can get loud I have no doubt a Legacy set up could be built to work just fine (trust me, I've done it), but if you're into serious audio you're better off just skipping the dirt cheap equip all together.

kinda funny you have no comment, I notice on your profile that you don't even have a system. And for those that wanna talk **** about legacy more power to ya just make sure you take that dick out of your mouth cuz I can't comprehend a word you're saying, it all sounds like your saying ummm... good to the last drop

ha what a dick for haveing only 46 posts and talking **** to someone with 14,000+ posts......yes legacy *****....thought i'd resurrect and ol thread //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...