Comparable/better amp than Taramps hd3000.1?

Participant count
  • Participant list
So, the sfb and sia amps only have one input and one output for the rcas. I’m understanding that they require a splitter from the two coming from the head unit to the amp (to make it one into the input.) does this reduce any performance?

I have never seen this before. The Taramps has the normal inputs I am use to. See pics below.

Attachments

• 9A450D25-A8B0-43CC-A10B-332ECF9064A7.png
    9A450D25-A8B0-43CC-A10B-332ECF9064A7.png
    387.9 KB · Views: 107
  • E7B2E8E6-14B6-4142-A7D2-A58A787E4568.png
    E7B2E8E6-14B6-4142-A7D2-A58A787E4568.png
    178.8 KB · Views: 106
So, the sfb and sia amps only have one input and one output for the rcas. I’m understanding that they require a splitter from the two coming from the head unit to the amp (to make it one into the input.) does this reduce any performance?

I have never seen this before. The Taramps has the normal inputs I am use to. See pics below.

The smart 3 is the same. But the output can also be used as input. Pretty sure the Sundown line is the same but not 100%.

The smart 3 is the same. But the output can also be used as input. Pretty sure the Sundown line is the same but not 100%.

one thing I did notice in a video for the sia was the “clipping light” on the bass knob. I’m not sure the sfb has that. I’m sure this is nothing new to you guys. But it may help in my situation. I’m still going back an forth between the two.

one thing I did notice in a video for the sia was the “clipping light” on the bass knob. I’m not sure the sfb has that. I’m sure this is nothing new to you guys. But it may help in my situation. I’m still going back an forth between the two.

Yes the SFB line has a clip light on the knob as well.

Personally I would take Sundown over Taramps all day long but that is me. The SFB or new SIA lines are really good and do more then rated power just like the Taramps. If you are really that curious on the inputs then contact Apex Audio aka car audio bargain under the old owners they respond very fast.

Personally I would take Sundown over Taramps all day long but that is me. The SFB or new SIA lines are really good and do more then rated power just like the Taramps. If you are really that curious on the inputs then contact Apex Audio aka car audio bargain under the old owners they respond very fast.

definitely will. Looks like I would need one of these to wire either of them. The power is definitely not a concern for this setup, as I am only running one 12” Q. I am more concerned with the annoying fan sound, and durability.
like I mentioned, if there is no benefit for my situation to go with the sia vs the sfb, I will put the money toward a better enclosure for the Jeep. Thank you for the input.

Attachments

• 6B08D4F5-761D-4208-8421-46E416972565.png
    6B08D4F5-761D-4208-8421-46E416972565.png
    65.8 KB · Views: 78

The SFB has one RCA marked as output in case you want to link amps, but it can also be used an an input, you don't need a splitter. The SFB only like 4v of input and the SIA can take up to 9 IIRC. The SIA also uses the SALT boards which is a better board than the SFB line. I'm currently using an SFB3K and I like it a lot. The only Taramps amp that I would go back to is the Smart 3. Mainly because it can take up to 4v and the fact that it does rated at 1 and 2 ohms @ 12.8 volts.

You don't need a splitter as he said above. The SIA line overall is more efficient and more power for a little more money. Plus Sundown will warranty them very easily send it in and they repair or send you a new one as long as you have the receipt. Sundowns durability is awesome even if it fails you have nothing to worry about. Plus repair amp places will fix them easily if it is out of warranty. I know Taramps according to pop now has US based repair shops as well where as 99% of the repair places out there will fix a Sundown but with Taramps you send them to their facility no big deal at all. I just like Sundown because of the quality and knowing I can have faith in their amplifier products & not worry about it. One reason why I like my Cab-22 from Apex because it was done with Sundown's input and at the build house they use but it is a half-bridge instead of a full bridge or A/B or D class.

The SFB has one RCA marked as output in case you want to link amps, but it can also be used an an input, you don't need a splitter. The SFB only like 4v of input and the SIA can take up to 9 IIRC. The SIA also uses the SALT boards which is a better board than the SFB line. I'm currently using an SFB3K and I like it a lot. The only Taramps amp that I would go back to is the Smart 3. Mainly because it can take up to 4v and the fact that it does rated at 1 and 2 ohms @ 12.8 volts.
You don't need a splitter as he said above. The SIA line overall is more efficient and more power for a little more money. Plus Sundown will warranty them very easily send it in and they repair or send you a new one as long as you have the receipt. Sundowns durability is awesome even if it fails you have nothing to worry about. Plus repair amp places will fix them easily if it is out of warranty. I know Taramps according to pop now has US based repair shops as well where as 99% of the repair places out there will fix a Sundown but with Taramps you send them to their facility no big deal at all. I just like Sundown because of the quality and knowing I can have faith in their amplifier products & not worry about it. One reason why I like my Cab-22 from Apex because it was done with Sundown's input and at the build house they use but it is a half-bridge instead of a full bridge or A/B or D class.

Great info. Thank you guys for all the help. Anyone interested in a used Taramps md3000.1 for $200? 🤣🤣

if the Q is dual one ohm, how would you suggest wiring it to one of the sundown amps?

looks like series will put it at 2 ohms.

Last edited:
I have seen otherwise but either way still better then the SFB. Only reason there is one amp out right now is because they are waiting on the SFB's to be cleared out. They have the SIA in stock at the warehouse right now but no reason to put them out until the SFB is closed out and no longer on their shelves and rightfully so.

I have seen otherwise but either way still better then the SFB. Only reason there is one amp out right now is because they are waiting on the SFB's to be cleared out. They have the SIA in stock at the warehouse right now but no reason to put them out until the SFB is closed out and no longer on their shelves and rightfully so.

I've been told that they aren't getting rid of the SFB line. Who knows.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.