Which amp should I run my 13w7?....

If you can't spend up into one of the higher end JL amps just go with the Sundown. The higher end JL amps are very solid, will hold good resale value, should give you decades of service life, and the 1000-1200W units will be a good match for a single W7.

SFB is a solid value and you can at least expect the 2 year warranty out of them. I wouldn't expect a whole lot of resale value on those though as even MSRP is dropping already on the first generation and it has only been like half a year since they're on the market.

I’m running the scv2000d and it sounds daaaaaymn good....
I think more money for less wattage jl audio 1200/v3 is just paying for the name....
But the w7 has no distortion at all!!!!

Mich as I think jl is overpriced their amps are high quality and if you are willing to put the money down I'd pick the hd1200/1 over the sfb2000

I would also throw out the dd d5.1500 in that price range. It's a 5 channel so no need for a separate amp for door speakers and it's rated 1000w at 2 ohm and 1500 at 1 so plenty of power at 1.5ohm to drive a 13w7 or a pair of w6s. I'm quite impressed with mine. It's certainly the most powerful 5 channel I've ever come across

JL design their own stuff so it will cost more. The higher end models have a +10 switch and slope switch other than that I don’t see myself buying them. JD and RD are still reasonably priced. I have a RD 400/4 on reserve from Crutch when they come back in stock.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.