Comparable/better amp than Taramps hd3000.1?

Participant count
  • Participant list

jeeper2269
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I’m considering changing the amp for my FI q 12.

may sound picky, however, the fan is kind of annoying. Even when I had it mounted all the way in the back of the old Jeep, it was noticeable. I am planning on mounting the amp for the q under the driver or passenger seat in this build and would like some input. I’m sure it will cost a little more. Not sure how much I can get out of the Taramps, or if a trade of some sort is possible somewhere. Seems to have plenty of power though.

Comparable in terms of what? Power? Size? Price?

how about all three :)

looks like the Orion is around $440

if I can find something small enough to fit under the seat, without a loud fan, and not have to spend more than a couple hundred bucks after selling or trading the Taramps, that would be great. That Barbara Ann is pretty big, like you mentioned. So I am having to mount it back in the cargo area.

how about all three :)

looks like the Orion is around $440

if I can find something small enough to fit under the seat, without a loud fan, and not have to spend more than a couple hundred bucks after selling or trading the Taramps, that would be great. That Barbara Ann is pretty big, like you mentioned. So I am having to mount it back in the cargo area.

I think all the small full bridge amps are going to have fan noise. The Sundown SFB3k should be quieter with its fan placement.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.