build quality?
sound quality?

I am looking at the 500.4.
can buy one around $130
90 watts x 4
To run a set of 6 1/2 on channels 1 /2
a set of tweeters on channels 3/4

both The woofer and tweeters are rated at 80 watts or less each

I have only used an xtr2500.1dz. I was satisfied enough with the brand to buy an HCCA. It needed plenty of airflow, but I admittedly ran it pretty hard. I can't speak for the specific amp you are eyeing. I was very happy with the cost to performance ratio.

I have an XTR 1700.4 and an XTR 4000.1
The 1700.4 has a birth sheet of 462 watts per channel @ 2 ohms. Bet on that being accurate. I have 4 AB VFL 65MBs on 2 channels, and I tell you...holy great midbass. My 4k I cant push it much because my box is tearing itself apart. It is on 4 AB 15s and a tad past half way the box rattles something badly.

Go watch OldSchoolStereo, BigDWiz do Dyno videos. He did one on an XTR 2500.1...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.