Cobalt Sedan wall vs. rear

Qexler
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I have a Cobalt SS 4 door, Running two SA 12s at 1ohm on a 1800.1D audiopipe.

I hooked em up and became curious of how much better they might sound if I faced them forward instead of rear then sealed off the surrounding gap with some great stuff foam. Or leave it rear? I have done a few boxes facing port and sub forward however the output was not too great, however it was not sealed when I made these attempts. Does sealing it off make all the difference? Got some photos to show how small a gap is left from this box in the trunk, below.

2zovy9z.jpg

i own one of these also a xfe sedan and i will also be using 2 sa 12's and having sum1 on here make me a ported box 35" long,20"deep and 15"tall dbl baffle with a 6" port im hopeing if i put 1 end in first push the whole box in that way then turn it once inside the trunk will work...what size box is yours? just curious.

right now im using a hi fonics brutas 1,200w @ 1ohm with dual 12" kicker solo classics in a Sealed kicker made box just for these 12's .75 cu ft per sub which is the only recommended... since the box is so small its really easy to move around i have my trunk fully dynomated and find that is i have my subs facing like yours but push them all the way towards the trunk lid it sounds best.

With some cars you won't see a gain when doing this. I was metering an sa8 for a itsblown and his brother and we fired the box into the cabin using a 2x4 and some spare coats we had to seal off the gaps and it metered the same firing into the cabin vs firing at the rear of the trunk. The car was a newer Subaru Legacy.

Do either of you want a pair of fiberglass door inserts for 1 super tweeter per door for cheap?

They go right over the front door pocket

Ran a 15" Q in the wife's Cobalt for several years. Rear firing, never tried it forward firing.

In my Altima forward firing and NOT sealed off is loudest on the meter for USACI and dash/door open. Never got to try it sealed up...

did you gan? what is the peak freq of this vehical???
43 htz

Ran a 15" Q in the wife's Cobalt for several years. Rear firing, never tried it forward firing.
In my Altima forward firing and NOT sealed off is loudest on the meter for USACI and dash/door open. Never got to try it sealed up...
I actually metered .5 less facing toward in the bolt.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.