Classy cadillac build ideas..

Un4GivNSoul
10+ year member

I own a 2006 cts and plan on leaving the stock head unit in it, I dont really need nothing too overpowering as i dont want the cadillac to rattle as its goin down the road. (just takes some of the appeal of the car away)

Im going to use a nucleus module to hook my ipod to the system and an inline aux coverter to get Rca outputs... ill just take them from the rear subwoofer that is already installed in car.

Now the question is where do you think the line between good sounding bass and rattling your trunk to the point where its unappealing is. 500watts 1000w.......

Im thinking somewhere inbetween those and maybe goin with a JL 12w6 and 500/1 amp.. Just more because of the name then anything to be honest. Any suggestions or thought would be helpful. Kinda have an open mind because most of my stereos were just built to be loud not classy.

By the way most listen to hip hop, rap, and some rock. Thanks guys in advance

I drive my aunts 07 CTS daily right now cuz shes blind, what I can tell you is that the stock sub rattles AND flexes the roof so I'm sure even a single 10-12 on 500 watts would likely just do more of that.

lol love the stock sub... it gets you by and yeah your right it even shows a little rattle in the rear view with it turned up.

With the flip down armrest with access to the trunk is goin to make sound travel better. I was thinking about one Fi Q 12 but it wants 1000watts rms which is kinda rediculas for a single sq sub.

Guess i might have to take a look at some cheaper brands so i dont rattle so much.

My W6V2 with a 500/1 gives me an excellent amount of bass. It can get loud enough to be heard blocks away if you have that desire but when you keep it at a reasonable level it really adds what a stock setup is missing.

first off, cadillac trunks seal themselves, so good luck getting it to rattle loud with 500 watts.

second, just sound deaden. don't go shitty on the system just because you don't want rattle. just take the proper precautions to keep the rattle to a minimum.

You ever own a cts (I have no other experiences with cadillacs so i dont know about them)... my rearview rattles to the point i cant see out of it with a stock headunit and sub mounted in the dash.

But i do see your point of not goin cheap because you can pay for it in the end. I have tons of experience installing amps, subs, headunits, and Dvd players. But honestly i have never tried to sound deaden one of my cars. Guess there is a first time for everything.

In my old Monte i used to have two jl 12w6's and 1000/1 amp... This car would rattle up and down the road with a set up like that. Nothing against cadillac, as i love my car, but there is no stock car that will stay without rattle with a setup like that.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.