civic alternator

LoganSF
10+ year member

I am planning on doing the big three to my 6th gen civic, the battery ground and engine block ground are pretty obvious, but where is the positive alternator post located on the alternator? Do i have to go under my car to get to it?

it is pobably a single wire alt so it should be the only larger wire coming off of it. it may be in the back of the alt though which if i remeber correctly is a ***** to get to on those cars.

Hello neverfinished/

I'm not trying to start an arguement,but that reponse wasn't at all necessary/:( .We are all different walks of lives

and budgets.It *Really Doesn't Matter* what one drives to enjoy good music and good bass...honestly.Pleasse,just think

about it for a few minutes.Thank You/;)

I have an SC2/Saturn,with an Old School Kicker:ZR/1000 jucing *2/Eclipse Aluminum DVC-4/Ohm 12's*,Bridged Mono

at 1250/Watts/:)/;)/:cool:...and love it.It's nothing great or nothing special,but it looks nice to me when it's all cleaned

up,w/the Stock Alloys.But it's mine,and I enjoy it.

*I Live/I Enjoy/I Drive/I Have Bass*: 1998/Saturn SC2 Oh,I Forgot:*I'm Old*.But,MUSIC,Loves Everyone and Visa-Versa...

Take Care and Enjoy

Regards/

Raymond

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello neverfinished/ I'm not trying to start an arguement,but that reponse wasn't at all necessary/:( .We are all different walks of lives

and budgets.It *Really Doesn't Matter* what one drives to enjoy good music and good bass...honestly.Pleasse,just think

about it for a few minutes.Thank You/;)

I have an SC2/Saturn,with an Old School Kicker:ZR/1000 jucing *2/Eclipse Aluminum DVC-4/Ohm 12's*,Bridged Mono

at 1250/Watts/:)/;)/:cool:...and love it.It's nothing great or nothing special,but it looks nice to me when it's all cleaned

up,w/the Stock Alloys.But it's mine,and I enjoy it.

*I Live/I Enjoy/I Drive/I Have Bass*: 1998/Saturn SC2 Oh,I Forgot:*I'm Old*.But,MUSIC,Loves Everyone and Visa-Versa...

Take Care and Enjoy

Regards/

Raymond
good music is good in any car but thumping bass in a economy car will just make everyone laugh at you

I'm not even going to acknowledge what neverfinished said because he is a clown. And yes, it is the stock alternator, would that be an issue?

QUOTE=LoganSF;6996903]I'm not even going to acknowledge what neverfinished said because he is a clown. And yes, it is the stock alternator, would that be an issue?

Hello Logan/

I have a stock alternator on my SC2,which I believe is a 90-95/Amp Factory Alternator.I ran 1/0 Welding Cable to it

plus the Big/3.As said earlier,I have a ZR/1000 to my Subs,Bridged 4/Ohm Mono and a ZR/600 to my CDT Front Stage.

I have a Cap[Yeah I know...And don't want to hear it,either] for both amps.I have No Issues w/the Daily Functions of

my Saturn.It's been at least 4/years...I'll be switching the Tsunami 2.5 Cap out w/a Alumapro 5/Farad Cap this Spring

or Early Summer.

I can't do *Key-Off Listening* as those amps are Big Time Power Eaters,and would kill the one battery in short time.

But,I enjoy it just driving it/:D/:cool:...M-a-y-b-e one day I'll put a System Battery in it,but for now,it's good to go.

I can't stress enough about using proper gauge Power & Ground Cables,and terminating them Correctly.It *Does Make

a Difference*..../;).Trust Me on this,please.Take your time and have the:*Correct Crimping Tools*/*Correct Crimping Tools*

*Use Adhesive Shrink Tubing*/*Use Adhesive Shrink Tubing* .Red & Black,in color.You can also Solder them too,which I did in

my Vise,w/my Blow Torch.I Soldered the Cable,to the Lug, *After* I crimped them.I used 1/0 *Tinned* Battery Lugs w/the Closed End

[Where the Bolt Hole is for the Lug]. The Crimp Tools are *Not Expensive!!.You'll have it for many years.E/Bay has them,for cheap.

They are very well made.I have one and paid approx. [With S&H]$23.00-$25.00.It's the *Hammer-Crimp Type*. Beating the Lugs with

a Hammer/Crimping them in a Vise/or w/Bolt Cutters,to me,isn't a Good Crimp,IMOPO.I *Do Not* want to look back on something that's

Important...and I wouldn't think you would either.It's no fun to *Have to Re-Do A Bad Crimp*,in my experience.

Well,Enough of *Popps* on the talking binge,but,*All The Best w/Your System,LoganSF/:D.

*Sometimes,I wish I could help people w/that kinda stuff,as I enjoy that very much*.I may not be the *Electronics Tech* by any means

but like to help w/the Wiring...Take Care.

Best Regards/

Raymond

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.