Choosing speakers, and Crutchfield's SpeakerCompare

Participant count
  • Participants list

kokotele

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi, everyone. I'm here looking for a little help choosing some speakers, and how to interpret what I hear with Crutchfield's SpeakerCompare tool and their listening kit, which is a Dragonfly DAC and Sennheiser headset. I'm wondering how accurate the tool is compared to how the speakers actually sound. Anyone have any experience?

With their tool, I've narrowed my selection down to 2 sets in my price range. One has sweeter highs with more detail and clarity, and more separation in the mids. The other sounds a bit bigger overall, but less clarity in the highs and the mids are a bit muddy.

Neither sounds like just listening to the same track through my media player, so it leaves me wondering if the comparison tool bears any resemblance to reality.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...