Choosing an amp help

How about taramps are they are they any good ive seen deals on them almost anywhere from the 3k amps to the 1k amps. Any thoughts on them? @audiobaun @Jimi77

I'm just getting back in the game so I can't really comment on Taramps. When Taramps came out years ago, I remember them catching fire - don't know if that's user error/abuse, but for now I'm sticking with Asian amps.

I just got my bud his components and sub delivered today along with 2 amps but he wants to go with just 1 amp to do the all the work. My question is what amp could handle 4 alpine components that go 80wrms and 240w peak each and a skar 15' 2ohm dvc that does 600rms and 1200w peak?

Hes on a 200$ budget because he has no way of returning the 2 amps that got delivered because dogs are funny

SFB1800.5 will power everything.

I'm just getting back in the game so I can't really comment on Taramps. When Taramps came out years ago, I remember them catching fire - don't know if that's user error/abuse, but for now I'm sticking with Asian amps.
If you're shopping in the 10 cents per watt and under department you should probably expect dubious designs and third world build quality from Brazil or the Far East. At that price point I'd suggest buying from a reputable retailer that will take care of you if you get a dud or buying from ebay/amazon and putting up the extra money for a 3rd party warranty.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...