Chasing a Battery Drain from a component

Participant count
  • Participant list

Tgwphoto

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello, I have a 2018 Jeep Wrangler JK, that will not go to sleep with an axxess CHTO-013 plugged in. The car will go to sleep in a few minutes as normal with this unit disconnected but as long as it is plugged in to the harness, the car will draw 800ma indefinitely. If I pull the fuse and power cycle the whole circuit including the CHTO-013 the car will go to sleep normally and draw down to 10ma or less, but if turn on a dome light, and wait for them to go off the draw stays at 800ma.. It doesn’t matter if the head is connected, the CHTO-013 doesn’t seem to want to power down, and it’s drawing about 200ma. As soon as I pull the harness from axxess unit, the draw drops to 600ma, and then the car goes to sleep normally Minutes later. The CHTO-013 has the latest firmware. Any ideas? Thinking about trying a replacement CHTO-13 or an AX-CHO13-SWC instead.

Tom

Any ideas?
Screenshot_20211029-070750.png

Yeah, I was just going to say, I bet Metra will know what to do. This may be you got a defective unit, or there's a known workaround, or a newer version which avoids this issue. Metra has been at this for a long time and it's not a company you ever hear complaints about so I'd bet they'll take right care of you if you reach out.

Please report back, this may be useful for the next guy.

Thank you, I did call, and they where helpful. They said the unit could have gone bad, or an update with the Jeep computer that was done that changed the behavior. They actually recommended I go with a WM-CH13-SWC, and bail out on the CHTO-013. It was $50 in Walmart and it seems to have done the trick. I just had to re-wire the harness.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...up/135190824&usg=AOvVaw26UTjxtdFo1oMgzuMgWy4u

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Tgwphoto

CarAudio.com Newbie
Tgwphoto
Florida
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views