Chaseinbass 96 GMC rebuild sort of ?

I've been using them for ages and agree. My doors do not have an easy line to follow to build up a mounting panel though and I simply haven't had time to really dig into it. I do have some extra door panels here and I have been meaning to get the second pair mounted somehow.
Also I bought a door so I could work on the bench at a normal height and not have to be in a hurry to get truck back together and it really makes the job enjoyable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ya but I think in my hurry last night I must have wired a sub wrong or something cuz it sounds aweful ? So I gotta get time to pull subs out and see.
probably reversed polarity on one of them, sounds empty and flat? ive done it before even when i thought i triple checked it

i had trouble picking up the team aa 15 out of the box, i can only imagine how much of a pain it is with those team fi 18s - not in a disrespectful way but you're not in your 20s anymore! lol

Lol ya that box with two in it is heavy AF I gotta move box up on the base with subs in it because there is not enough room to get subs in and out after it's in place , so I will have to take it back out part way to check wiring soon but I F U bad and got bigger problems ! The other nite it was late and my battery's needed a charge - had them unhooked for a while and when I clamped charger on I clamped it on backwards and to make matters worse it's one of those heavy duty big chargers with a boost setting to start the car and yep it was set to there and sparks flew lol ! But no problems occurred so I thought ! When I wired my alts I ran an ignition hot wire to the ign pin on each one so I could turn them off when I don't need them on . Well I missed the part in the stock wiring schematic were voltage is dropped by wiring first going thru a light bulb in the dash . So instead of regulators seeing 2 or 3 volts they were seeing 14 volts and then reversed polarity and bang I killed all my alts ! Gotta call Mike Singer and get them repaired and to make things even worse my stock old alt was trying to run the truck and AC and charge all the battery's and it killed it today ! Bad couple days ! So I bought some of the cheaper alts like @shredder1 bought to get me through till I get the others repaired , prob take a while .

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ChaseinBass']Lol ya that box with two in it is heavy AF I gotta move box up on the base with subs in it because there is not enough room to get subs in and out after it's in place , so I will have to take it back out part way to check wiring soon but I F U bad and got bigger problems ! The other nite it was late and my battery's needed a charge - had them unhooked for a while and when I clamped charger on I clamped it on backwards and to make matters worse it's one of those heavy duty big chargers with a boost setting to start the car and yep it was set to there and sparks flew lol ! But no problems occurred so I thought ! When I wired my alts I ran an ignition hot wire to the ign pin on each one so I could turn them off when I don't need them on . Well I missed the part in the stock wiring schematic were voltage is dropped by wiring first going thru a light bulb in the dash . So instead of regulators seeing 2 or 3 volts they were seeing 14 volts and then reversed polarity and bang I killed all my alts ! Gotta call Mike Singer and get them repaired and to make things even worse my stock old alt was trying to run the truck and AC and charge all the battery's and it killed it today ! Bad couple days ! So I bought some of the cheaper alts like @shredder1 bought to get me through till I get the others repaired , prob take a while .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

missed this, voltage regulators are somewhat cheap so dont expect it to be too bad. ive given alts full 14v before on the excitation wire and never had problems so idk what to say about that

I have had them running with 14 v to them for close to two years but they don't work no more lol. I gotta get time to send them in to get repaired and maybe next weekend I can get the sub wiring looked at and get it playing with the cheaper alts and just watch voltage till I get the singers back

You know another spot to mount the tweeters and have some room is near the A part just in front of it? The part where it comes off, ....small panel that comes off...cannot remember the exact name of it.

But they are covered by the dash on driver side aren't they can't remember and not going to look lol just got home .

The little sail panels that cover the mirror bolts ?

Yes!! There's an area big enough to mount some tweets. If I were to get another Polk set, that's where I'd mount the tweeters. It's right near it.

post #48 . You have a pic of it. Shows the flat area....next to the sail panel that covers mirror bolts. 3rd from the left.

Yes!! There's an area big enough to mount some tweets. If I were to get another Polk set, that's where I'd mount the tweeters. It's right near it.
post #48 . You have a pic of it. Shows the flat area....next to the sail panel that covers mirror bolts. 3rd from the left.
Ya looks good on passenger side but look at it on drivers side with door closed //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Ya looks good on passenger side but look at it on drivers side with door closed //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

It'll still work....just have it angled towards the driver with some swivel tweets //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

ChaseinBass

CarAudio.com Veteran
ChaseinBass
Calif
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from