Chaseinbass 96 GMC rebuild sort of ?

Ya back wall was really noisy and weak, I actually have the body seams cracking apart there //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif last build but I put three layers deadner and thought it was good and mounted the ct 7k to it lol it wasnt ha ha vibrated that amp till it caught fire. This time i made a sheer wall of 1 1/2 plywood over the deadner and carpeted it and going to add a sheet of MLV over it before I put box back in.
My next Culprit is going to be beefing up the roof for sure..MLV..I never thought to use any of that:yumyum:

Lookin good man. I like it when people do the work themselves. Makes it that much easier to help other people just getting into this hobby.
I gotta get started on my s10 build.....but weather has been ****** here and my daughter is graduating high school tomorrow.
Ya I love doing the work and I wouldnt say I was an expert as I have burnt up some sheet lol but I am learning and this set up is actually a record for me as its been playing for a year without any issues. Get the s10 going ! post pics too !

If I didnt use my truck for work I would do a cut cab blow thru, One of these days I will have to buy I new truck for work and then I will.
IVe been looking at a 06 2500 HD x-cab long bed duramax.. I been using mine for work also..I think that Ill be doing the same pretty soon.May not be a BNEW truck but a decent good used one will serve just fine for my needs

My next Culprit is going to be beefing up the roof for sure..MLV..I never thought to use any of that:yumyum:
I used it under my carpet over the whole floor and under my door panels. Cheap and very effective to kill road noise.

Ya I love doing the work and I wouldnt say I was an expert as I have burnt up some sheet lol but I am learning and this set up is actually a record for me as its been playing for a year without any issues. Get the s10 going ! post pics too !
You know I will...

I dont know why but I put three layers of deadner on the back of the roof under the headliner and I had alot of movement with the old single 18 tuned at 29hz but I am not having it with this setup maybe cuz I raised tuning up to 35hz. Not much you can do with the roof and remain stock looking though but I did read where somebody glued 1/8 or 1/4 pegboard to it ontop of deadner and headliner still went back in. Supposedly it was very effective too ?

I dont know why but I put three layers of deadner on the back of the roof under the headliner and I had alot of movement with the old single 18 tuned at 29hz but I am not having it with this setup maybe cuz I raised tuning up to 35hz. Not much you can do with the roof and remain stock looking though but I did read where somebody glued 1/8 or 1/4 pegboard to it ontop of deadner and headliner still went back in. Supposedly it was very effective too ?
Hmm. Interesting...Im gonna have those 4-12s in there with a little more room for them this time,and it should get a little nasty in there and deff going have do sumthin to seal it up and make sure its pretty rigid this time around.

I first cleaned everything with alcohol wiped all down. hit all spots with some black gloss paint..ran three layers of 80 mill deadner and used heat gun to roll it all on..then layeed 5/8" thick carpet padding then carpet..then built that sub floor and did all those side windows and rear window.Still need do my roof and seal everything off and try finish up so I can get started back on finishing up the wall.Talking about quiet in there?? I can barely hear any road noise if any at all.I can hear air coming from the front window when driving..Lookslike Ill need to reseal this windshield again(#4)
I just had my windshield replaced as it was pitted and I had broke it loose with all the bass and rain was coming in bad ! My glass guy was like **** ! I need some new door weatherstrips too cuz I can hear a little noise around them.

i learned a long time ago the deadener helps but there in NOTHING like reinforcing then deadening.. don't wanna clog the thread. post pics!!
It dont bother me at all bro post what ever you want , I am old and dont get all the forum edicate ha ha ! What pics you want me to post ? I got a lot of the build before I just took it a part for a little change up.

It dont bother me at all bro post what ever you want , I am old and dont get all the forum edicate ha ha ! What pics you want me to post ? I got a lot of the build before I just took it a part for a little change up.
noting in particular. personally i just like seeing things come together. i don't take many pics during builds because i'm the type that once i start I don't stop unless its something i just can't tackle in a day( ill work 20 hours lol). i'm gonna build a wall in my car and throw together some SPL subs(of course i'm gonna build them) and do some more competing.

Last edited by a moderator:
noting in particular. personally i just like seeing things come together. i don't take many pics during builds because i'm the type that once i start I don't stop unless its something i just can't tackle in a day( ill work 20 hours lol). i'm gonna build a wall in my car and throw together some SPL subs(of course i'm gonna build them) and do come more competing.
Ok I will post pics as I go.

IVe been looking at a 06 2500 HD x-cab long bed duramax.. I been using mine for work also..I think that Ill be doing the same pretty soon.May not be a BNEW truck but a decent good used one will serve just fine for my needs
Ya I probably wont buy a new one either That leaves more money for audio stuffs !

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

ChaseinBass

CarAudio.com Veteran
ChaseinBass
Calif
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from