Chaseinbass 96 GMC rebuild sort of ?

I first cleaned everything with alcohol wiped all down. hit all spots with some black gloss paint..ran three layers of 80 mill deadner and used heat gun to roll it all on..then layeed 5/8" thick carpet padding then carpet..then built that sub floor and did all those side windows and rear window.Still need do my roof and seal everything off and try finish up so I can get started back on finishing up the wall.Talking about quiet in there?? I can barely hear any road noise if any at all.I can hear air coming from the front window when driving..Lookslike Ill need to reseal this windshield again(#4)

I ended up screwing mine shut on the latch..plasti dipped solid black..got some of that aluminum one side 1" foam insulation and wedged that in the window cavity, and made a 3/4"plywood frame to cover the window with,,screwed in place..plastidipped all rear windows.. same on 3rd door..built a wood frame all way to ceiling and sealed the back off too with 3/4 ply.all windows insulated and sealed off in rear.
Ya cutting the old glued in frames was the hard part but then just glue in like a windshield. Its really quiet in my truck, all the deadener and radiant barrier with MLV really paid off. Keephopealive really knows how to do it ! My gf has a cadillac CTS and my truck is quieter lol.

have you tried subs forward port up at the back of the box? I had excellent results with that configuration,, 

---------- Post added at 11:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 PM ----------

i like it man. really good work. id like to hear it..
I have pretty much the same truck(98 3dr)..Subs up port up seems to perform better and sounds better.The back wall is very noisy if not deadened enough and or sealed off.Ive tried even loading off the sides/forward.rear ect.

Ya cutting the old glued in frames was the hard part but then just glue in like a windshield. Its really quiet in my truck, all the deadener and radiant barrier with MLV really paid off. Keephopealive really knows how to do it ! My gf has a cadillac CTS and my truck is quieter lol.
Its nice just driving at times with no tunes on at all and not hear much of anything.Its actually kind of weired for the first couple weeks..I didnt hear a fire truck on my azz one day blowing the hell out of his horn at a light to move on through. So I ended up putting a screen in and a rear view Cam so I coulsd see whats going on behind me a little better.lol..3 min at a light is pretty long considering..lol

have you tried subs forward port up at the back of the box? I had excellent results with that configuration,, 

---------- Post added at 11:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 PM ----------

i like it man. really good work. id like to hear it..
Ya my last box was one team 18 firing forward port up on passenger side and it did pretty good 149.6 was the best but sounded good. I have never tried two firing forward port up. I may though and tri some different configurations. I dont have the design skills but I do have the building skills so I will have someone else design them. And thanks.

Its deff been worth all the time spent.I wouldnt recommend all that Ive done unless you actually decide to keep the vehicle for a very long time,or never sale it.

I have pretty much the same truck(98 3dr)..Subs up port up seems to perform better and sounds better.The back wall is very noisy if not deadened enough and or sealed off.Ive tried even loading off the sides/forward.rear ect.
i lost in my lil nissan frontier. not to mention rear wall and roof sounded like CRAP. did you put the woofers closer together or what? basically i had the port centered width wise with the subs at the very edge of the port on each a side. if i remember correctly it as 18wx6deep(port up) so one wub was at 9 inches off center and same for the other sub on the other side. i might have gained for less losses in the cabin. or phase correction. FYI it sounded louder to the ear not necessarily metered louder. i never metereded it.

Its nice just driving at times with no tunes on at all and not hear much of anything.Its actually kind of weired for the first couple weeks..I didnt hear a fire truck on my azz one day blowing the hell out of his horn at a light to move on through. So I ended up putting a screen in and a rear view Cam so I coulsd see whats going on behind me a little better.lol..3 min at a light is pretty long considering..lol
Ha ha, I didnt have any tunes the last couple of days so I really let me see how quiet it is now. Got the ppi900.4 back in running my mids and tweets today so I have tunes again and no bass lets you really hear how your mids and tweets sound and have always wanted more mid bass lol I got a sheet ton it just gets drowned out by subs lol

Lookin good man. I like it when people do the work themselves. Makes it that much easier to help other people just getting into this hobby.

I gotta get started on my s10 build.....but weather has been ****** here and my daughter is graduating high school tomorrow.

i lost in my lil nissan frontier. not to mention rear wall and roof sounded like CRAP. did you put the woofers closer together or what? basically i had the port centered width wise with the subs at the very edge of the port on each a side. if i remember correctly it as 18wx6deep(port up) so one wub was at 9 inches off center and same for the other sub on the other side. i might have gained for less losses in the cabin. or phase correction. FYI it sounded louder to the ear not necessarily metered louder. i never metereded it.
Ea. sub had theyre own Chamber. In my Sig.I wanted to open them up to share a single chamber but,,never got around to it. Try it out.Seemed be loud enough for me at the time.Working on a wall this year.Started on it in Nov. had bone surgery in my leg and put things on hold till this April.so now working on every chance I get

Ya back wall was really noisy and weak, I actually have the body seams cracking apart there //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif last build but I put three layers deadner and thought it was good and mounted the ct 7k to it lol it wasnt ha ha vibrated that amp till it caught fire. This time i made a sheer wall of 1 1/2 plywood over the deadner and carpeted it and going to add a sheet of MLV over it before I put box back in.

Ea. sub had theyre own Chamber. In my Sig.I wanted to open them up to share a single chamber but,,never got around to it. Try it out.Seemed be loud enough for me at the time.Working on a wall this year.Started on it in Nov. had bone surgery in my leg and put things on hold till this April.so now working on every chance I get
Where s the pics bro ??

Ha ha, I didnt have any tunes the last couple of days so I really let me see how quiet it is now. Got the ppi900.4 back in running my mids and tweets today so I have tunes again and no bass lets you really hear how your mids and tweets sound and have always wanted more mid bass lol I got a sheet ton it just gets drowned out by subs lol
LOL..Right..//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

If I didnt use my truck for work I would do a cut cab blow thru, One of these days I will have to buy I new truck for work and then I will.

two CDT guys. good to see i really liked my CDT ES 6s and drt 26s

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

ChaseinBass

CarAudio.com Veteran
ChaseinBass
Calif
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from