Chaseinbass 96 GMC rebuild sort of ?

I finally got alarm redone and all the added sensors - two shock sensors, glass breakage, audio sensor as well as pin switches in my tool box and tail gate and under the hood. I did a nice job wiring everything and put it all in split loom so it looks like stock wiring and I am very happy with the job. I will now finish my kill switch and then get back to audio stuff.

I worked on my truck today, got up early and started at 5.30 am to try to beat the heat and it got hot 104 and overcast and really humid with threatening thunder storms. I did get it all rewired to my likening and ran it all through split loom and off the floor and up under the dash and pretty much have every bit of aftermarket wiring in split loom and taped to match stock wiring and it looks pretty good. got all the leads soldered on to the speaker terminals and reinstalled before it got to hot. View attachment 26556356View attachment 26556349View attachment 26556350View attachment 26556351View attachment 26556352View attachment 26556353View attachment 26556355View attachment 26556354

Your tweeters are mounted near the oh **** handle?

I got my Polks in and in the factory locations(updated with lots of pics on CACO page). Had to do a little modification but turned out great. Lookin' good dude....know the feeling when working on something it can get crazy. I may enlist your help on 2 batteries if I go that route. Not sure if it'll happen this summer but def next summer.

Your tweeters are mounted near the oh **** handle?
I got my Polks in and in the factory locations(updated with lots of pics on CACO page). Had to do a little modification but turned out great. Lookin' good dude....know the feeling when working on something it can get crazy. I may enlist your help on 2 batteries if I go that route. Not sure if it'll happen this summer but def next summer.
Ya I made fiberglass A pillars and door panel pods. I will be happy to help you out with your battery set up when your ready. Heres some more pics,

View attachment 26556361View attachment 26556360View attachment 26556359View attachment 26556358View attachment 26556362

Great mid bass though !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've been using them for ages and agree. My doors do not have an easy line to follow to build up a mounting panel though and I simply haven't had time to really dig into it. I do have some extra door panels here and I have been meaning to get the second pair mounted somehow.

I took me a while to come up with this mounting idea and they are sealed to the door itself via pvc and plywood mounts I made so the doors are sealed up with sheet metal over all the holes in and then the doors are covered inside and out with deadner all the panels and then inside of the outside panel is covered with fiberglass flex ceiling tile sheet. The mounts were made from 6" pvc and couplers and glued into plywood to provide a mounting flange so to speak and the fiberglass work on door panels is just to cover them up. I will be doing a little more work on them soon and I will post pics for you. I did have a bunch of pics but due to a computer problem I lost all of them:(

Here is some pics had had posted on another site

508ac32dd1f6d0de045a8f9205e0b9a9.png
8f16f24d27235a583f22470a44745b10.png
b9a0d5c770917a05f0f809207fa57afa.jpg
dd26e5d6ca91bb824f9d6e87830c704c.png
2c3737f082ac7b0f681ee04f41aa78ec.jpg
16a8884bc9249b3fc8519b670f6e57c4.png

How did you get the 6 runs of wire in the truck? Did you make a masssive hole in the firewall pr dis you run them under the truck and just made a hole on the ground i. The rear?

With this method I can easily add 2 more pair but they would be covered by the seat , easily expanded and not really easily ha ha

How did you get the 6 runs of wire in the truck? Did you make a masssive hole in the firewall pr dis you run them under the truck and just made a hole on the ground i. The rear?
Run from engine bay to tool box (battery's in tool box) inside frame rail and through two 3" holes and then from battery's to inside the cab two more big azz holes and I made grommets from pvc ******* threaded couplers. Sorry lost most of my pics so I don't have any but I am going to be redoing some of that soon too and adding grounds directly to my alts and will post pics.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

ChaseinBass

CarAudio.com Veteran
ChaseinBass
Calif
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from