Silverado puzzle

Participant count
  • Participant list

AK_stealth

Virginia
So guys and Gals I pretty much a Newbie and anytime I ever had subs set up in vehicles in the past I was the just pay the man type some used equipment that made a good match and bam. I was cruising with decent bass. Now I got my First brand new vehicle 2017 Silverado and I would humbly like to give you guys a view to the pieces of my puzzle for guidance/ opinions/ critiques to probably help me out and set me on the right path. It is greatly appreciated and I’m happy to be a part of the community.

Here we go!

Dual 10” Sub enclosure sealed under the seat crew cab down firing. Total air volume 1.45 cu. Ft. Separate compartments .73 cu. Ft per Depth 6-1/2 Cut dia. 9-1/4

Fits two 10” Sundown audio SD3 D4’s 500 watts RMS

Powered by SAE-1000D V.2 wired to 1 ohm

2gage or 4gage power and ground wire and 8gauge wire for subs.

So this is where I’m at so far. Thanks for taking a look.

So guys and Gals I pretty much a Newbie and anytime I ever had subs set up in vehicles in the past I was the just pay the man type some used equipment that made a good match and bam. I was cruising with decent bass. Now I got my First brand new vehicle 2017 Silverado and I would humbly like to give you guys a view to the pieces of my puzzle for guidance/ opinions/ critiques to probably help me out and set me on the right path. It is greatly appreciated and I’m happy to be a part of the community. Here we go!

Dual 10” Sub enclosure sealed under the seat crew cab down firing. Total air volume 1.45 cu. Ft. Separate compartments .73 cu. Ft per Depth 6-1/2 Cut dia. 9-1/4

Fits two 10” Sundown audio SD3 D4’s 500 watts RMS

Powered by SAE-1000D V.2 wired to 1 ohm

2gage or 4gage power and ground wire and 8gauge wire for subs.

So this is where I’m at so far. Thanks for taking a look.
Im not gonna bother with box specs since im not a fan of sealed boxes, but the power wire will need to be atleast 1/0 gauge wire as 4 gauge is inadequate and 2 gauge is just a bother lol.

8 gauge for subs is fine, but a bit overkill. 12 gauge wire is fine and cheaper.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Can a sealed box be converted? Aero ported or what? Its just that according to the website these subs are for sealed boxes. I obviously don't know any better I'm up for being schooled bruh.

Can a sealed box be converted? Aero ported or what? Its just that according to the website these subs are for sealed boxes. I obviously don't know any better I'm up for being schooled bruh.
Well im not the best person to talk about boxes, but even then chevy cabs under seat require a seat lift to fit larger subs in a ported box or even aero.
Putting two 10's is pushing it lol..

Ill let someone else jump in on this one since i dont do box designs.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

they wouldn't be down firing would they? I would have to make a box to have them firing forward. I was leaning toward 8" at first but when I found the box it claims those subs fit perfectly in that box with the amount of Cu. Ft of air space for them to operate. So Boomin_tahoe what type of port?

---------- Post added at 08:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 PM ----------

I would do 2 ported 8's instead. 10's kinda take up a lot of airspace.

they wouldn't be down firing would they? I would have to make a box to have them firing forward. I was leaning toward 8" at first but when I found the box it claims those subs fit perfectly in that box with the amount of Cu. Ft of air space for them to operate. So Boomin_tahoe what type of port?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.