Chaseinbass 96 GMC rebuild sort of ?

that's pretty lucky, texture looks weird but maybe its correct for your year. mine are nowhere near that glossy lol
Thats because that is reg paint on them for now I will spray the SEM interior paint in the correct color and it won’t be shiny. I didn’t have any but had reg paint .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats because that is reg paint on them for now I will spray the SEM interior paint in the correct color and it won’t be shiny. I didn’t have any but had reg paint .

ahh okay well you should consider yourself lucky to find something this one off locally, i paid twice that for mine new with the local shop discount. i think theyre 200 new? either way it gives you a chance to see if you can live without the foot space

But for spray paint the color is spot on ! I could probably hit them with matte or semi gloss clear and they would be close.

Lol if i send you my a-pillars you think you could do me some for 3.75 tweeters
Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Those Q-Logics are not cheap....thin molded plastic. Chaseinbass, on the backside, apply some sound deadener it will make the weight heavier but more sound deadened for the speakers as well...

iciXuQV.jpg
Had some in the s10 blazer as well before I sold it.

ahh okay well you should consider yourself lucky to find something this one off locally, i paid twice that for mine new with the local shop discount. i think theyre 200 new? either way it gives you a chance to see if you can live without the foot space
I missed a set the day before for 40 bucks but man I don’t think I could give up 200 bucks for these , there to flimsy and I could built my own for about a hundred and I still may but you right I was cool to find them locally and there handy to try out different speakers in . They should make these out of fiberglass and they would a lot stronger. And I know it cost them a lot to make the first set but jeez 200 bucks for as much plastic as in a milk carton and about as thick too ? But maybe I am just jealous there making prob 195 bucks profit each pair they sell ha ha

Those Q-Logics are not cheap....thin molded plastic. Chaseinbass, on the backside, apply some sound deadener it will make the weight heavier but more sound deadened for the speakers as well...
iciXuQV.jpg
Had some in the s10 blazer as well before I sold it.
Ya I will probably be modifying these some for the prvs to fit so will be adding glass to baffle and probably glass the backs too. And ya I know there not cheap $ wise , I meant product wise. No way I could get myself to pay 200 for these , hell even for $ 75 my azz puckered a bit lol !

Last edited by a moderator:
Ya I will probably be modifying these some for the prvs to fit so will be adding glass to baffle and probably glass the backs too. And ya I know there not cheap $ wise , I meant product wise. No way I could get myself to pay 200 for these , hell even for 75 my azz puckered a bit lol !
you took the advice to never completely grow up to heart, didnt you?

they're ABS so it's eh I'll admit that's a downside, but if you get them in there tight with a little damping they're great. dont be afraid to relocate wiring or add hidden screws/bolts because the fit is far from perfect

Yup lol most definitely! Probably not to many people my age playing with stereos or atleast not to the extent I am but I get a kick out of it and really like learning about it and really like installing and fabrication end of it. It’s kinda cool to have most all the skills and plus when your old you have money and can spend it on what ever you want.

Last edited by a moderator:
you took the advice to never completely grow up to heart, didnt you?
they're ABS so it's eh I'll admit that's a downside, but if you get them in there tight with a little damping they're great. dont be afraid to relocate wiring or add hidden screws/bolts because the fit is far from perfect
Did a little more work on the kicks today painted the baffles and painted the grills black like the other grills on the doors and added some screws to hold them in place better and also hit the kicks with a mat finish clear to dull the gloss down until I get the SEM paint . Also had to modify (bend ) e brake pedal a little away from speaker and adj up the cable so it clears now and is fully functioning:) and I think they look nicer now too?

0ba2c629780542b8b9b81e8b57f77f7f.jpg
f3013396b90af022191f17040b32f045.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180125/88e8747a68d9e6cd00541af176347873.jpg[/img

It is really sounding good now too if only I knew what I was doing with the processor and had a good ear would probably be really good .

Did a little more work on the kicks today painted the baffles and painted the grills black like the other grills on the doors and added some screws to hold them in place better and also hit the kicks with a mat finish clear to dull the gloss down until I get the SEM paint . Also had to modify (bend ) e brake pedal a little away from speaker and adj up the cable so it clears now and is fully functioning:) and I think they look nicer now too? It is really sounding good now too if only I knew what I was doing with the processor and had a good ear would probably be really good .
i agree that it looks better, much closer to the OEM semi gloss instead of just being dull

it has to be stupid loud just doors alone at this point lol dont be afraid to drop ~3db overall in the tune (not sure how yours is set up) and start just messing with big cuts and boosts in areas you think need adjustment but im in a similar situation and its been over a year that i havent bothered actually tuning it lol but my base filters were probably pretty close

Ya I think I got filters set right but as far as the tune goes ,I go out there with the best of intentions and jack with it for a couple hours and end up changing it back with the eq flat at 0db (factory preset ) and I think I found my problem! I don’t honestly really know what it’s supposed to sound like lol ! Never really heard anything all that great before ? I mean mine sounds ok to me but others would probably not think so . I may pay someone to do it. If I can find someone hint hint Jeff lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

ChaseinBass

CarAudio.com Veteran
ChaseinBass
Calif
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from