Changing Light Color

SirSteve
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
USA
I am using a white neon under a sandblasted (etched) mirror that displays manufacturers names/logo. What can I use to change the white to the color of the logo? Like green for alpine, yellow for stinger, etc.? The only thing I can think of that would work is film they use to on a stage show to change the light color. I don't know what it's called or where I could buy it...

u could just put that film on the mirror with the names, it might be better.

check out hmm, michaels i think, or some place like that. just make sure it's able to withstand some hot temps.

Originally posted by Matador u could just put that film on the mirror with the names, it might be better.

check out hmm, michaels i think, or some place like that. just make sure it's able to withstand some hot temps.
That's what I would like to do, I just have not idea where to get it...

Originally posted by SirSteve What is the difference in colored acetate film and gels?
I think it has something to do with how much heat it can withstand. I'm not sure though. You can also find colored sleeves for the neon lamp. Most electrical supply houses have those.

Originally posted by SirSteve What is the difference in colored acetate film and gels?
colored acetate film, is just clear film with acid based ink put on them to make them colored. colored gels are actually film made in certain colors and they can also tolerate insane levels of heat,

Originally posted by Grand AMature .

colored acetate film, is just clear film with acid based ink put on them to make them colored. colored gels are actually film made in certain colors and they can also tolerate insane levels of heat,
Thanks for the explanation!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.