Pioneer headunit skipping songs / changing screens on its own

Infinitedrive06

CarAudio.com Newbie
have a Pioneer AVH-W4500NEX headunit in my 2017 Focus ST. Besides the t-harness from idatalinks focus specific kit, it's connected with a idatalink maestro rr as well to maintain the steering wheel controls. All of a sudden one day it started restarting songs and/or skipping songs. Sometimes it even changes the android auto screen on its own.

I connect to my radio from my Pixel 7 Pro wirelessly via android auto.

I know it sounds weird but sometimes I almost feel like it's a frequency or something that does it because if it restarts a song and I lower the volume a lot it won't do it.

I'm pretty good at trial and error but besides that, I can't figure out what causes it. Sometimes it'll be totally fine and other times I wont even be able to use google maps because it will be beeping (the next song button beep) 100times in a row or changing screens by itself to the point where I have to turn the radio off and use my phone exclusively.

I have tried multiple phones and it still happens so it's definitely the headunit or a piece of accompanying hardware.

I will attach a quick clip of the issue (nowhere near as bad as normal) Any and all help is appreciated!

Do a RESET on the HU/ Hit the RESET Button. Hold it in for 10 seconds. You will have to put all your settings back in. After you do that.. If it still has same issue, its prob time for a new HU

Do a RESET on the HU/ Hit the RESET Button. Hold it in for 10 seconds. You will have to put all your settings back in. After you do that.. If it still has same issue, its prob time for a new HU
After doing this.. It may be worth checking to see if there is a F.Ware update even

Seeing that you have the steering wheel controls connected as well, maybe try unplugging that module and see if it still occurs.
This sounds likely after I read your comment about skipping 100 songs continously.
Steering wheel buttons could have had something spilled into them,
Maybe you getting into the car during a rain even.
Try to eliminate each of the items that can exercise control over this function.

If you don't clean the screen, how nasty are the steering wheel controls? Have you cleaned those? Maybe a sticky button? I would only suspect this if you eat while driving on a vehicle that's 2017, that or you're a really gross person, and always have dirty hands.. 🤮

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...