Changing Balance affects bass output

Puggsley456

Who said you could talk?
10+ year member
Apr 7, 2003
Just got my New 23 Kia Seltos. I put my system from a previous car into it (Rockford P3-12", Prime 500.1) using the high level input wired to the front speakers.

The immediate result was bass was only at 30% of what I know this system can do. So first thought was that the Kia has bass roll off on the factory headunit. Have been making plans to add an LC2i to resolve this.

This morning, I was playing around with the fade/balance control and when the balance is all the way to one side the Bass comes back in full force. Put the balance back to center and it goes away again. This works when moving the slider all the way to left or right.

Any help or insight to how to correct this?

dragon.breath

Senior VIP Member
10+ year member
Nov 22, 2007
You have the high level input wired out of phase. Reverse one of the + and - coming from the factory speakers to the high level input. Leave the other speaker input alone.

Puggsley456

Who said you could talk?
10+ year member
Apr 7, 2003
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
You have the high level input wired out of phase. Reverse one of the + and - coming from the factory speakers to the high level input. Leave the other speaker input alone.
Thank You!! The shop originally wanted to blame headunit bass roll off. When I told them the issue with the balance, they rechecked the install and one side on my front speakers is wired out of phase from factory. What is the purpose of this?

JRsmoothee

Think For Yourself, Question Authority - MJK
10+ year member
Aug 12, 2008
What is the purpose of this?
Simply put its an oldschool simple way of keeping the midbass in phase with each other when they are firing at each other in the front doors....sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt

Last edited:

Create an account or login to post

You must be a member in order to post a message

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest threads

Latest classifieds