Changing Balance affects bass output

Participant count
  • Participants list

Puggsley456
10+ year member

Who said you could talk?
Just got my New 23 Kia Seltos. I put my system from a previous car into it (Rockford P3-12", Prime 500.1) using the high level input wired to the front speakers.

The immediate result was bass was only at 30% of what I know this system can do. So first thought was that the Kia has bass roll off on the factory headunit. Have been making plans to add an LC2i to resolve this.

This morning, I was playing around with the fade/balance control and when the balance is all the way to one side the Bass comes back in full force. Put the balance back to center and it goes away again. This works when moving the slider all the way to left or right.

Any help or insight to how to correct this?

You have the high level input wired out of phase. Reverse one of the + and - coming from the factory speakers to the high level input. Leave the other speaker input alone.

You have the high level input wired out of phase. Reverse one of the + and - coming from the factory speakers to the high level input. Leave the other speaker input alone.
Thank You!! The shop originally wanted to blame headunit bass roll off. When I told them the issue with the balance, they rechecked the install and one side on my front speakers is wired out of phase from factory. What is the purpose of this?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...