Challenger rt sub 12" sub Around 750 rms

Participant count
  • Participant list

10+ year member

Napa, Ca
So i read this forum daily like a bible. I have a 2015 Dodge Challenger Rt plus with a stock 160 amp alt. I dont want to do the big three or add batteries. I want to keep it light as possible. But the best bang for the money. I cant replace my stock head unit as it controls my seats ( heat and air conditioned). Also i need an amp. I listen to rap and metal. I can figure out the amp part. I am looking around 2 cubic feet or less for a box. I was wanting an fu 12 but out of stock. I was looking into a B2 12. I have done research on Fi SSa sundown, Dc ,Ia, Ascendent etc; but i cant come up with a decesion??

So i have a couple of local dealers ; i can get installed (don't have time or tools) the same price one 12 Crescendo forte or Sundown sa 12 and or Sundown SAE-1000d or Crescendo Audio Symphony S1500.1 ( whenever they get released) or a Lethal Injection 12 Incriminator Audio 12" and Incriminator Audio IA10.1

I would say incriminator is your best bet. Ive heard good things about them. Second choice would be sundown
The crescendo amp has been backordered for like 6 months and no feedback for the forte sub. I like buying local also the warranty issue is a plus.

I would say incriminator is your best bet. Ive heard good things about them. Second choice would be sundown
Agree with this (IA.10 amplifier will easily do rated power and the lethal injection can take more power than your other two choices while still giving you similar output/sound quality ).
Pretty much the only con is price (I'm not sure what deal your getting locally but the incriminator amp/sub retail higher online than your two other options).

Agree with this (IA.10 amplifier will easily do rated power and the lethal injection can take more power than your other two choices while still giving you similar output/sound quality ).
Pretty much the only con is price (I'm not sure what deal your getting locally but the incriminator amp/sub retail higher online than your two other options).
I got quoted $950 out the door installed with custom box on both the lethal injection with the ia 10.1 and the crescendo forte with the Symphony S1500.1 from 2 different shops. The sundown sa 12 with amp was a little higher. I think this is pushing it for stock electrical. I dont want to add batteries and big 3 would be a pain since battery is in the trunk.

I got quoted $950 out the door installed with custom box on both the lethal injection with the ia 10.1 and the crescendo forte with the Symphony S1500.1 from 2 different shops. The sundown sa 12 with amp was a little higher. I think this is pushing it for stock electrical. I dont want to add batteries and big 3 would be a pain since battery is in the trunk.
Sounds about right but do not be afraid to have the big 3 done. It is extremely easy to be done even with the battery in the rear and it helps voltage and amperage flow.

The thing that will save you is that your alternator is big for it being stock (most sedans come with 80-120A alternators, yours is 160A which is high for stock).
With your alt being decent along with you only running a single mid-tier 12, I don't think you'll need to go crazy with electrical (you can always get a volt meter installed for 40-50 bucks including the meter and it will show you your voltage while driving and playing music)

The thing that will save you is that your alternator is big for it being stock (most sedans come with 80-120A alternators, yours is 160A which is high for stock).
With your alt being decent along with you only running a single mid-tier 12, I don't think you'll need to go crazy with electrical (you can always get a volt meter installed for 40-50 bucks including the meter and it will show you your voltage while driving and playing music)
My car has a stock digital volt meter . Not sure how accurate it is; just like the temp and mpg are always a little off.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.