Center Console Build

Participant count
  • Participant list
Just started building a new console for the exploder a night or two ago. coming out pretty good. I will post the pictures of current progress as i get through it. Hope to have the main frame done tonight or tomorrow, then i will go back and add stuff to it as it comes in. The main reason for the new console is my stock console is pretty close to just falling apart. the top piece that opens rattles really loud, the armrest is just a few uses away from falling off, and since I have no room to put a second battery, so i will be making the bottom of the console house my soon to come xspower d975, with a plexi glass window (with the xs power logo sandblasted in) so you can see it if you were sitting in the back seat. So far it looks pretty good. It will also be housing a pac lc1 bass kbob and two volt meters, just havent picked one i like yet. hopefully it turns out all right!

Hey cool man! I'm in the throes of building a very similar console in m truck. I'll have three batteries underneath but they won't be visible, and it'll have voltage meters and a tablet in it.

Progress so far...

photobucket-4654-1379548351589_zps90c03925.jpg

photobucket-3573-1379706574726_zps28ff1e3e.jpg

The VMs will be where you see the hole now and, of course, the wires won't be seen.

Post up some build pics of yours, I'l like to see how it turns out. :)

That looks clean man! you are more than welcome to post on this thread for updates of that bad boy i wanna see all the progress! and I will upload pics when i get off work! I have room to do my tablet, and im an Hewlett Packard rep and just recieved a free slate 7 from them, so i could integrate it into my console, I just dont know if Id really use it. I was just gunna buy a cheap case and put a piece of velcro on the back of the case since my console will be wraped with carpet anyways. I was kinda thinking about putting a little pocket for my phone to sit in flush mounted with the console so i dont have to leave it in the cup holder to get shaken to hell when the bass hits. ahaha.

Thanks man. If I were you I'd definitely consider using a tablet. I bought a 32 gig smart card for this one and have a shite ton of music on it... and space left to spare. I don't have room for a double din head unit (plus, I don't like not having a volume knob) so putting this thing in gives me the benefits of an LCD screen for viewing and searching for files while also allowing me to keep my old fashioned head unit... cause I'm like, old. And the way I'm doing this one, I'll be able to make a new ring for a new tablet if I ever change it. I'll have neodymium magnets in the console and the trim ring to hold it in place and if I have problems with it moving... I'll put a couple of roll pins in it.

I'm also gonna have an additional aux input inside the console along with the USB connection, 12V outlets and a 110V outlet for my wife's laptop. It's gonna be fun and I'm already about a thousand times more happy with it than I was with the factory setup.

Niceee. Well im working on mine right now. Its almost done. Just got to build a few top pieces to make, then wrap it. The plexi glass I will probably add a little bit later. I just wanna make sure I am gunna like this console before I start adding tons of stuff to it. Is there anyway to post pictures from a phone on here?

Heres some pics. Its getting there. theback piece wont be wrapped for a while, gotta get my battery in so i can make sure its gunna fit before i put in the false floor in the console.

Lookin good man!

I assume the lid is hinged at the back? I did one recently for a small truck and the side mounted hinge has proven to be a problem because the lid hits the passenger's seat when that seat is forward. We're thinking it needs to be changed to a rear hinge...

you could incorporate a garbage bag holder on the passenger side and ditch the grocery sack. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

i still need to finish a center console build i started a long time ago.

Tacomaplans.jpg

tundrabox010.jpg

tundrabox003.jpg

tundrabox012.jpg

---------- Post added at 02:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 PM ----------

well the console is all done. now just to get all the volt meters and stuff on it,

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.