Center console box for 2011 F150 and table saw vs Circular Saw.

Pyrofan

CarAudio.com Elite
Ga
So, im wanting to do a center console box for a 2011 F150. I can get more volume then a under seat box. Im not sure where to start. Iv got a design mocked up with about 2.60 Ft^3. I think i can get more. Im not sure what subs im gonna run. I asked that on another thread with no definitive answer.

Anyone else done this? Im not sure how im gonna fire the sub/subs. Cant downfire due to a factory mounting bracket. So, any advice?

Also- Table saw or circular saw. Been doing everything with a jig saw and want something more precise.

Now that you know what kind of space you can get, I'd be choosing a sub.

As for table saw v. circular saw, that depends. If I could only have one, it would have to be a circular saw but having both makes things a lot easier. I use the hand saw to cut large pieces of material into manageable sizes and then I make my final cuts on the table saw. Of course, if you have help, you can rip a full sheet of material on a table saw but even with help, that's not a particularly easy or safe way to go about it. Unless you and your helper are both well versed in how to use the tools.

Now that you know what kind of space you can get, I'd be choosing a sub.
As for table saw v. circular saw, that depends. If I could only have one, it would have to be a circular saw but having both makes things a lot easier. I use the hand saw to cut large pieces of material into manageable sizes and then I make my final cuts on the table saw. Of course, if you have help, you can rip a full sheet of material on a table saw but even with help, that's not a particularly easy or safe way to go about it. Unless you and your helper are both well versed in how to use the tools.
well, that may be easier said then done. iv got some recommendations. I think i can get more volume like 3.5 or 4 cubes. Thats what i need help with.

On the table VS Circular, I got some saw horses just no rip guide. I have help but hes not well versed in tools. So you would recommend a Circular Saw?

well, that may be easier said then done. iv got some recommendations. I think i can get more volume like 3.5 or 4 cubes. Thats what i need help with.
On the table VS Circular, I got some saw horses just no rip guide. I have help but hes not well versed in tools. So you would recommend a Circular Saw?
If you can get that much space, then slap a 15 in it and have some fun.

As far as rip guides go, for years I used either a really nice and straight 1x4 or I made my own rip guide out of MDF. You can use c-clamps or squeeze clamps to hold them in place. And I'd still be doing exactly that if it weren't for Harbor Freight running a 50" clamp on rip guide on sale a few months ago.

But yeah... to clarify, I would say circular saw is a must, table saw is a bonus.... and to take it a step further, panel saw is the tizzits. :)

If you can get that much space, then slap a 15 in it and have some fun.
As far as rip guides go, for years I used either a really nice and straight 1x4 or I made my own rip guide out of MDF. You can use c-clamps or squeeze clamps to hold them in place. And I'd still be doing exactly that if it weren't for Harbor Freight running a 50" clamp on rip guide on sale a few months ago.

But yeah... to clarify, I would say circular saw is a must, table saw is a bonus.... and to take it a step further, panel saw is the tizzits. :)
Ok, Circular saw it is. So, i could easily slap a 4 cube rectangle in their but it would look like crap. Trying to get a slick look.

Ok, Circular saw it is. So, i could easily slap a 4 cube rectangle in their but it would look like crap. Trying to get a slick look.
That's not too difficult to do. Just mock up the sides with some cardboard, get some fiberglass, kitty hair and bondo and get to building. I did one in my truck that was flat on the sides but was molded with a storage compartment on top, cupholders in the middle, a place for my tablet up front and battery storage below. It was formed to fit the dash so it would have looked pretty nice had I been able to finish it.

Here are a few pics of it being built:

photobucket-2085-1379208094442_zpsa09129ef.jpg

photobucket-4917-1379208117432_zps32a03e1a.jpg

photobucket-9327-1379548317129_zps4c8a622b.jpg

photobucket-9300-1379871934889_zps8542bc0c.jpg

And this is as close to finished it got before the truck was stolen and it was damaged by the thieves...

Is the Truck extended cab/crew cab? And if its extended cab.... do you want your back seats? lol
Its a crew cab and need the back seats

That's not too difficult to do. Just mock up the sides with some cardboard, get some fiberglass, kitty hair and bondo and get to building. I did one in my truck that was flat on the sides but was molded with a storage compartment on top, cupholders in the middle, a place for my tablet up front and battery storage below. It was formed to fit the dash so it would have looked pretty nice had I been able to finish it.
Here are a few pics of it being built:

photobucket-2085-1379208094442_zpsa09129ef.jpg

photobucket-4917-1379208117432_zps32a03e1a.jpg

photobucket-9327-1379548317129_zps4c8a622b.jpg

photobucket-9300-1379871934889_zps8542bc0c.jpg

And this is as close to finished it got before the truck was stolen and it was damaged by the thieves...

Wow thats a nice build. Ill try to find some card board and mock something up

That's beyond awesome. I'm in the exact same boat, just a different truck. I'm wanting to build a console box for my Dodge Ram. I have less space but I can have my sub(s) fire down. Good thing is, I want SunDown Audio subs (10") so I can get away with a small enclosure. I'm seriously going to look into building a console like this though but including the sub box. AWESOME!

bbeljefe, when you getting your website finished? I wanted to see what stuff you had. I'm looking for some audio gear!

That's beyond awesome. I'm in the exact same boat, just a different truck. I'm wanting to build a console box for my Dodge Ram. I have less space but I can have my sub(s) fire down. Good thing is, I want SunDown Audio subs (10") so I can get away with a small enclosure. I'm seriously going to look into building a console like this though but including the sub box. AWESOME!
bbeljefe, when you getting your website finished? I wanted to see what stuff you had. I'm looking for some audio gear!
By what stuff I had I'm assuming you mean what lines I carry? If so, CT Sounds is my flagship line and I carry Soundstream and a lot of other brands. What are you looking for?

As for the website, I don't know how soon it will be done but I prefer to sell one on one rather than through automated website stuff so I don't know that there will ever be equipment for sale on it.

And thanks for the kind words man. :)

Yeah, that's what I was talking about...the line that you carry. Right now I'm working on designing my front end...mids/highs/amp. I have the headunit already, getting ready to install this week.

After that, it'll be subs and amp. Pretty sure I'll be doing the SunDown 10's. Just need to decide on an amp. The wrench in the works is that I'm like many, working on a very limited budget so I have to do things a little at a time and in stages.

Yeah, that's what I was talking about...the line that you carry. Right now I'm working on designing my front end...mids/highs/amp. I have the headunit already, getting ready to install this week.
After that, it'll be subs and amp. Pretty sure I'll be doing the SunDown 10's. Just need to decide on an amp. The wrench in the works is that I'm like many, working on a very limited budget so I have to do things a little at a time and in stages.
I understand that brother. Just hit me up when you need something!

Late to the party here, but I'd suggest get a circular saw and one of those strait edge guides with some clamps to make your long cuts. IMO those little mickey mouse saws are only good for ripping stuff for framing or cedar shingles and such. If you can't get a big-boy table saw that you can throw a full sheet of wood into don't bother.

Is the Truck extended cab/crew cab? And if its extended cab.... do you want your back seats? lol
Late to the party here, but I'd suggest get a circular saw and one of those strait edge guides with some clamps to make your long cuts. IMO those little mickey mouse saws are only good for ripping stuff for framing or cedar shingles and such. If you can't get a big-boy table saw that you can throw a full sheet of wood into don't bother.
Yea. I got a good circular saw for Black Friday. ( $165 for $50) so im pretty happy.

Im trying to get some cardboard and mock a design up but just got over getting sick so gotta make up some work. What would yall recommend? Someone said 1 AB XFL 12 and run 1600 w at 1 ohm ( already have a 1600W amp) and someone else said two 10's. Got any advice?

Yea. I got a good circular saw for Black Friday. ( $165 for $50) so im pretty happy.
Im trying to get some cardboard and mock a design up but just got over getting sick so gotta make up some work. What would yall recommend? Someone said 1 AB XFL 12 and run 1600 w at 1 ohm ( already have a 1600W amp) and someone else said two 10's. Got any advice?
Either way would be fine. Not much more cone area with 2 tens but you'd have two motors working so that would be my choice.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.