Center console box for 2011 F150 and table saw vs Circular Saw.

Yea, seem like i missed some sells. Couldnt have bought them anyways. the guy i was gonna sell my subs to bailed out. Im still looking tho. So, one person says two 10 because of more cone area and motor force. Another says one 12. So i have a choice. What are the pros and cons of both. The 12 would be easier because with 2 10's. Ones gonna face back and the other either forward or up. Cant down fire i dont think.

If you said you had 3000W on tap or 700$ budget I'd say pair of 10's. With 1200W and 300$ ish budget you're not pushing a high tier 12 into compression and there's a big jump in performance from 150$ sub to 300$ sub.

If you said you had 3000W on tap or 700$ budget I'd say pair of 10's. With 1200W and 300$ ish budget you're not pushing a high tier 12 into compression and there's a big jump in performance from 150$ sub to 300$ sub.
That's a good point man. I concur.

Ok i see why 1 12 is better. Now just gotta find one

Ok. Hope its louder. So, now iv been recommended AB XFL 12, SA-12, X con, SSA. Now just gotta pick one.
Some very different drivers in that list. I would suggest refining your goals to narrow it down. Yes, I would love it if you picked the Xcon, but it is more important that you pick the one that is best suited for your goals and budget.

[quote name='mclerico83']Heavy Duty Competition

or get a custom sub done by @SPLaudio ; (what I run)

or

psi platform 2 (original engineer of re audio when theyw ere the ****)

Q12 - Fi Car Audio Store

all good choices[/QUOTE]
So how much would the Custom set me back?
[quote name='denim']Some very different drivers in that list. I would suggest refining your goals to narrow it down. Yes, I would love it if you picked the Xcon, but it is more important that you pick the one that is best suited for your goals and budget.[/QUOTE]
What do you mean by refining? Im just trying to get the best in my budget. Im just being givin a lot of options and im not sure how to pick because they all seem good.

So how much would the Custom set me back?
What do you mean by refining? Im just trying to get the best in my budget. Im just being givin a lot of options and im not sure how to pick because they all seem good.
Question is do you want stupid loud or good sound quality? Some subs walk the line nicely ie: idmax, ssa xcon, fi q, tc sounds axis, and imo the ia flatlyne. though it is considered more of a sq driver I had a pair of 12s that would get good and loud not comp loud but better than 2 l7 12s on 2000w in the right box.

Kicker gets picked on but the l7s do get loud they just sound like poo and dont hold much power.

[quote name='mclerico83']Heavy Duty Competition

or get a custom sub done by @SPLaudio ; (what I run)

or

psi platform 2 (original engineer of re audio when theyw ere the ****)

Q12 - Fi Car Audio Store

all good choices[/QUOTE]

[quote name='winkychevelle']Question is do you want stupid loud or good sound quality? Some subs walk the line nicely ie: idmax, ssa xcon, fi q, tc sounds axis, and imo the ia flatlyne. though it is considered more of a sq driver I had a pair of 12s that would get good and loud not comp loud but better than 2 l7 12s on 2000w in the right box.

Kicker gets picked on but the l7s do get loud they just sound like poo and dont hold much power.[/QUOTE]
Well im not sure what good SQ is. The Sa-8s are my first subs. I just want something like them but louder. I like making everything flex. So i guess i want the best of both worlds ( or a little on the louder side). That HDC312 and Fi Q12 seem nice. Its just hard to tell if their gonna be louder. I know its different in each car.

EDIT: What about the BL 12. Read that was more SPL oriented.

Well im not sure what good SQ is. The Sa-8s are my first subs. I just want something like them but louder. I like making everything flex. So i guess i want the best of both worlds ( or a little on the louder side). That HDC312 and Fi Q12 seem nice. Its just hard to tell if their gonna be louder. I know its different in each car.
EDIT: What about the BL 12. Read that was more SPL oriented.
the bl12 is a very good sub one of my favorites the ssa icon is similar in performance if you want to compare prices. if you go a touch on the larger side for you box volume most subs sound ok

the bl12 is a very good sub one of my favorites the ssa icon is similar in performance if you want to compare prices. if you go a touch on the larger side for you box volume most subs sound ok
So im pretty sure im looking for a SPL setup. The Fi Q is a SQ sub. So is better the question HDC312 vs SSA Icon vs Bl12?

[quote name='Pyrofan']So im pretty sure im looking for a SPL setup. The Fi Q is a SQ sub. So is better the question HDC312 vs SSA Icon vs Bl12?[/QUOTE]

ask @SPLaudio ; for custum he just posted a smiley face on here. His name is corey and is what i run and can build you a mssive custom easy.

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/subwoofer-classifieds/593973-mt-10-a.html
http://www.caraudio.com/forums/subwoofer-classifieds/593971-15-sa-motored-custom-1200rms.html
http://www.caraudio.com/forums/subwoofer-classifieds/594582-square-12-a.html

his work

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.