Car broke down... System to blame?!

Alternator belt metled? uh what

loose pully? pully too big for the belt? belt too small for pully?

Did you have belt whine when you started your car?

Any idea on the voltage you were dealing with when this happened?

If the alt took a ***** you could have still been driving on just your battery for a little bit and would cause a bunch of issues

Alternator belt metled? uh whatloose pully? pully too big for the belt? belt too small for pully?

Did you have belt whine when you started your car?

Any idea on the voltage you were dealing with when this happened?

If the alt took a ***** you could have still been driving on just your battery for a little bit and would cause a bunch of issues
Yeah I had that whine at the start up. And yeah it was weird I was driving and it died in the road and wouldn't start without being connected via jumpers. This morning not even jumpers helped that's why I had to have her towed, luckily after insurance it was a 5$ trip.

Possible dead battery. Alt wasn't charging it because the battery couldn't hold a charge. Same thing just happened to me in my driveway after getting a few things fixed. Let the vehicle run for about 20 mins since it hadn't run forawhile and let the battery charge up. Shut off the engine tried starting again....tick tick tick tick...saw how low my voltage was, yep dead battery. I checked it with my DMM..... 9.5 volts.

Yeah I had that whine at the start up. And yeah it was weird I was driving and it died in the road and wouldn't start without being connected via jumpers. This morning not even jumpers helped that's why I had to have her towed, luckily after insurance it was a 5$ trip.

What happened with my alt is the pulley was too wide. The belt moved side to side on the pulley and would slip all the time.

Ended up ripping multiple belts before I had the time to put a new pulley.

Or it could be the tensioner

I completely agree about shops not knowing s*** compared to the people on this form the alternator shop I mentioned above had no clue what a 6 phase hairpin alternator was and swore up and down that the biggest alternator made was 240 amps we all know that's a load of s*** also seen chops tell people your system made your transmission go out even the local car audio shops can't keep up with me I will lose them within the first 10 minutes of a conversation every time and I don't know a drop in the bucket compared to a lot of people on this form

Typical misdirection by a shop... possibly to lead the car owner into a bigger bill-repair... lol... I got fired 25 years ago for refusing to squirt dirty oil on customers struts during routine brake jobs, alignments and oil changes... the chain will remain unnamed... that service manager was an A-hole!.. what a way to upsell

Typical misdirection by a shop... possibly to lead the car owner into a bigger bill-repair... lol... I got fired 25 years ago for refusing to squirt dirty oil on customers struts during routine brake jobs, alignments and oil changes... the chain will remain unnamed... that service manager was an A-hole!.. what a way to upsell
Wouldn't that be called wrongful termination? But since rules have changed since then, they could prob get away with it. Knew an older gentleman that was smart as hell fixing/repairing cars and told me one time he worked at a dealership. They literally told him to "cheat" on customers. He quit after that because he refused.

Wouldn't that be called wrongful termination? But since rules have changed since then, they could prob get away with it. Knew an older gentleman that was smart as hell fixing/repairing cars and told me one time he worked at a dealership. They literally told him to "cheat" on customers. He quit after that because he refused.
Oh he had his ducks all in a row... claimed I was insubordinate and agressive due to having me on camera (not audio) gesturing and looking incensed when I confronted him about it... the job wasn't worth fighting for... so I let the idiot do his thing... what integrity!

Oh he had his ducks all in a row... claimed I was insubordinate and agressive due to having me on camera (not audio) gesturing and looking incensed when I confronted him about it... the job wasn't worth fighting for... so I let the idiot do his thing... what integrity!
Pretty obvious he wanted you out....went thru a similar situation looong time ago.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

brafferty

CarAudio.com Elite
brafferty
idaho
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from