Car Amp question

Participant count
  • Participant list

TLady

CarAudio.com Newbie
Texas
I have 2020 Jeep Compass and I had a 2000 watt amp that pushes a 2000 watt subwoofer.4 gauge wiring installed to hook this up. If I get all the 4 gauge wiring changed out to Zero gauge wiring, will my system have more power and higher quality afterwards?

A legitimate 2000 watt amp will draw approximately 150 amps. So you would need a minimum of 2 gauge wire to be sufficient.

Like in my truck I will be running a 700 watt mono block and a 200 watt 4 channel. So the most my amps will draw is 100 amps on a 13-16 ft run 4 gauge is sufficient. But I never run my audio full blast, so they will probably never pull over 60 amps.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...