Does amp need retuned?

RamLimited

CarAudio.com Newbie
Installers wired my subs to 4ohms at the amplifier, even tho told them to do it to a 2ohm load. They tuned it and I hadn’t realized for months that they wired it to 4 ohm.

So question is: if I simply rewire the subs into the amp at 2 ohm, do I need to retune all the amp levels, or is it already set to the loudness of the receiver? Meaning i wouldn’t have to attempt to retune it myself, and could simply drop down to 2ohm without messing with anything?

RamLimited

CarAudio.com Newbie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
There is no way it could be wired to 2 ohms if it’s currently at 4 ohms. I’m assuming you have dual 4 ohm subs, which makes wiring options at 4 or 1 ohm. Dual 2 ohm subs can we wired at .5, 2 or 8 ohms.
Yes it absolutely can. And that wasn’t my question

Attachments

RamLimited

CarAudio.com Newbie
2 what’s the
You’re wired at 4 ohms x 2, not just at 4 ohms. Looks like you have it all figured out anyway. Just retune it. No biggie.
You have a 1 channel amplifier. One of the diagrams you linked to show 2 channel amplifiers.
oh, I thought a 1 channel just had 1 positive and one negative. Mine has 2 sets

RamLimited

CarAudio.com Newbie
You have to bridge those......lol, right Rob?
I see that’s funny lol yeah I’m a noob with a Google education. regardless are these 2 setups: the 4 ohm x2 picture that I have now, and the 2 ohm pic I wanted to do… they are or are not equal?

Attachments

SlugButter

CarAudio.com VIP
arizona
I see that’s funny lol yeah I’m a noob with a Google education. regardless are these 2 setups: the 4 ohm x2 picture that I have now, and the 2 ohm pic I wanted to do… they are or are not equal?
Yes. It’s the same 2 ohm load in the end. A mono amp just bridges the 2 4 ohm loads at the amplifier. Doing it inside the box on the subs does the same thing.

Create account or login to post/reply

You must be a member in order to post a message.

Create account

Register now to post new messages.

Already have an account? Log in here.

About this thread

Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
RamLimited

Latest threads