Capacitor?

like i said before they have their place but being a POWER FIX isnt one of them yes i know what they are what they do how they work ran my first one when the only place you could outright get these from an audio source was autosound 2000 ...... personally i like accu volts better but i am curious to batt caps......

transient isnt everything not even close infact if you design everything right you cant tell the difference espeacially at normal volumes ...my set up i could prolly add about 6 more 1000d's without changing a thing i can run the 1000d i have now over an hour and a half and it doesnt even flinch with the key on acc....

so you could probably run a million more 1000d's......is that practical. Is that what the average person reading these forums is going to do? No, so what does that prove? Nothing. Again, you have ended with an empty point. The fact is, most charging systems CAN keep up with your basic system and DO benefit from a cap.

umm where i say a cap wouldnt help? in my case you cant even tell the difference again maybe i went into extremes but as i said and will say again a cap is by far not a fix it my improve....now that we all stated this my story hasn't changed but yours has to the extent that it would fix now to just a performance benifit lol its funny to we get kids all the time thinking a cap is enough you run 3 amps and sh!t dies that cap dont do a **** thing lol

could you please punctuate or do something so we can understand your point? Maybe it's hard to see the keyboard with your head up your arse.I never said I cap would do anything different BUT help from a performance stand point. Do you actually read any of this before typing or what? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/banghead.gif.8606515f668c74f6de0281deb475b6fd.gif

yup i did but since you havent even said where i am or was originally wrong or why wtf you keep going on? you cant have a freakin cap without a good alt infact the alt is the whole building block to anything electrical in your car, so tell me again how a cap is gonna help a punked out alt? lmao that was the original arguement i do believe.... and if you are inturn so "right" why do you get docked points if your alt is too small and not anything even if you run 60 caps? i wonder. you can dog on comps all you want saying everyone's better blah blah..thing is it teaches you what propper sound is and how to obtain it(the right and safe ways i might add) that is the whole deal to sq...all the mumbo jumbo in the world like motorized racks, liquid cooling...ect ect dont mean jack if it sounds like crap....is real funny also people argueing over amps...when if blind folded these people argue over sounds ...last i knew we had ears that are about 100 times less sensitive than the devices used to measure the specs on these devices.......takes 2 things to make power in a car ampres and volts you can have all the volts you want but no current you gotta bigger prob than just being at 13v vs. 14v............tah tah

comps don't teach you how to have a better system. Having an open mind and understanding that there are other ways of doing things does. OBVIOUSLY, a vehicle that has an 85 amp alternator is not going to keep up with an amp drawing 200 continuous amps, but, that same amp with say an 80 amp draw is going to do ok with a cap. THAT SIR, has been my point. At this point you had proceeded to say how stupid it was to try and use a "band aid" I believe you said. By the way, just exactly how sensitive is the human ear?

looks around- which human? lmao and stop using outragous draws you would be dumb to run a 85 amp alt with a continuous draw of 80 amps..that cap will help you for how long??????? and pray tell even if it was only 60 amps when kids be "bumpin" around for a few hours at night that isnt good on the old electrical system unless you are figuring the car only needs 15 amps lol and maxing out to the full extent the capabilities of your electrical system day in and out......and how the hell you figure that comps dont do that? your beloved cap being used in a comp car is what brought all this to the market as well as horn loaded compression drivers the need for big power amps the correct way to fuse you systems (gave it universal and wide spread "rules"that mecp now uses) the iasca wire chart(mecp now uses), equalized pathlengths in a car..using fiberglass in an install was made wide spread via comps as well... some decks now have built in noise gates thanks to comps....what controls iasca and usac? (more so iasca) the manufactures!!! w0w!!! do i need to spell it out how it all works hand in hand?

how sensitive is the human ear? Weren't you certified or something?

This is all very general stuff that most any audiophile would know. An amp drawing up to 80 amps isn't going to do it at once. Come on now, you know this.

Let's end this arguement. A cap stores energy, if your charging system is having problems keeping up (lights dimming etc.) then what good is a cap. Your charging system doesn't have enough juice to supply all the power. Now to the benefits of the cap. The cap as I said stores energy for short musical bursts in where larger than normal demands of power are needed. This is where the cap comes in handy, it supplies the extra power that is needed.

GOD D&MN !!!!! Phat you are the FIRST senior here that has actually made any sense that I've seen. The entire second half f your post has been my point from the beginning. Others have claimed they don't have any real point and an alt. R2/overhaul is the ONLY way to go. I'm impressed. You know now Phat, the other seniors are going to cancel your retirement plan.

not all the time but when it does it has a huge bearing on your electrical system you think an 85 amp alt is 85 amps at idle? it is rpm dependant unless your car idles at 2k.....and since i am just sitting here wondering -why are you going into this? we hear between 20 hz- 20000 hz with being most sensitive around 2k -4k(with a dynamic rang of 120 db)(different in different people) this is averages to extremes some of us hear 1 db some can hear at 10db with some being 30 db or more off....some people hear up to 19k down to 23 hz our ears are different and some have problems point is it takes several percent of distortion to "hear" it some its 1% some it is 3% some is 7% lmao and that is "noticing" it so your .009% thd and .02% and .05%thd is pretty meaningless besides that your speakers at norm produce vastly more distortion measured in full percentages not tenths or hundredths. the "average" hearing is about as usefull as a weight chart at a doctors office lol except here you are dealing with bigger differences thats why we dont hear the same.....good hearing is able to detect 1 db differences and 2hz differences in frequency at 1k wanna talk about octives now ? harmonics? psycho acoustics? destructive waves? constructive properties? now quit interupting my mech warrior games!!!!

to quote phat- Let's end this arguement. A cap stores energy, if your charging system is having problems keeping up (lights dimming etc.) then what good is a cap. Your charging system doesn't have enough juice to supply all the power

Not trying to keep the argument going or anything BUT. in your average automobile with air conditioning and what not. You are using on average 60% of the alternators output. The current draw of the amplifiers dynamic just like the musical passages being amplified. It goes up and it goes down. But if you take an average of the current draw being used for your system. And that number is higher than the 40% reserve capacity you have left. A cap will do you no good. It may in fact be more harm than good. As the cap like a battery needs to be charged. Which although slight, is still current draw. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.