Capacitor?

RavE
10+ year member

Oregon
i am going to get 2 12" infinity kappa perfect subs and an infinitry beta 300 amp. I know i need a cap. because my system will run ant 1000watts. I am wandering if all caps are the same, and if they are not, which is the best ones (basically which is the best one that i can get).

-Thanks-

WHAT NO MENTIONING OF GOIN TO RIP APART AN F16 AND STEALING ITS 4000000 VOLT CAPACITOR BANK? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif :laugh: //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif he asked about a cap i told him wasnt over a dieing car electrical system - there is a difference especially if they plan on running big amp systems.........-remembers seeing an old volkswagon with about 24 caps in it about 4 yrs ago then i seen it a year later with dual alts and 6 batteries...wonder why?

at what point does your "advice" have any consistency? Or, at what point can you see that electrical principles can be applied to OTHER electrical situations? RavE, any major brand (Rockford, Lightening Audio, etc.,etc.) is going to be about the same. The cap is simply going to stiffen your voltage supply and try to give your amp a more consistent voltage supply. They are designed for rapid charge/discharge where as your battery is more inclined to a slow regulated charge. As your amp is wanting fast current at a bass note, the cap will help deliever. I've used Esoteric, Rockford, and even some "generic" brands but they are all probably made at a few places and just labeled by the distibutor or what have you. For a 1 farad cap plan on spending anywhere from 60 to 150 and it will all depend on what kind of connection you want and if it has the digital readout which really isn't important. Check Ebay as they are on there ALL THE TIME for 69 or 79 dollars.

CONSISTANT? LMAO YOU JUST SAID WHAT I DID YOU EXPLAINED IT BUT SOMEWHERE IN YOUR HEAD YOU TELL PEOPLE THEY HELP TO A DEGREE WHICH CAPS DON'T HENCE THE BATT CAP.........BUT STILL IF YOU DONT GOT THE JUICE TO CHARGE THE THINGS THEY ARE NOT MUCH USE.....THEY ARE FOR PERFORMANCE INCREASES NOT I I STRESS NOT A BAND AID FOR POWER..SHEESH WANT ME TO GO INTO DETAIL I CAN AND WILL BUT WTF IS THE POINT IN TALKING OUT OF LAMANS TERMS SO PEOPLE WONT UNDERSTAND??? ASK ABOUT A CAP I'LL TELL YA ABOUT A CAP..ASK ME WHAT TO HELP WITH MAKING POWER OR HELP FIX A STARVING SYSTEM A CAP WILL DO VERY LITTLE

here we go......don't bother. Are you as stupid in person as you appear in typed text? I've agreed with you on some things but you seem to like acting like a "junkyard dog on a chain". I made a simple statement and becoming so defensive does nothing but show,.....oh n/mind. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/banghead.gif.8606515f668c74f6de0281deb475b6fd.gif RavE, your application should do well with a capacitor and will dynamically improve your bass response. Good luck

lol whatever dood if i was in your class i would quit if i didnt win by 50 points lol not only that you the one jumping me...so yawn --- oh and by the way where you see his set up?

The only caps that work are low ESR/ESL caps this means they cann't have digital readouts and sh**. They must be as close to the AMPs as posible[best would wired directly to the voltage rails] Caps don't fix power problems they are there to be the fast reacting part of the electrical system cause ALTs and Batts are slow in comparision. Batterys cann't fix the voltage drop that a CAP can reason being the closed circuit voltage of a battery is 12.6v and the ALT's is 14.4V. A CAP is the only thing that can fix the drop between 12.6-14.4v unless you get a HO ALT but remember thet react SLOWER then a CAP.

shouldnt run extra batteries unless you have a hot alt and caps have there place im not saying they dont but if you need power the alt is always the first thing to beef up. as of now if i run anything besides the batteries it will be an accu-volt and not a cap maybe a batt cap....but i have a 290 amp alt and 5 batteries so current isnt an issue=) especially when dealing with sub 200 amp draw peak and i can set my voltage up pretty nice only use to me of the caps is power off voltage

That has been my point for a month now. Also, if looking at many amps these days, manufacturers give expected wattage output at 12 and 14 volts. Hence, the reason for a cap. Consistent voltage. Of course it can be maxed out but it all depends on the APPLICATION.

12.5 and 14.4? volts? you mean? my batteries are right in the middle of that caps are not new anyway then been around in audio for about 12 yrs or longer the holdaways used to run them

Originally posted by audiolife shouldnt run extra batteries unless you have a hot alt and caps have there place im not saying they dont but if you need power the alt is always the first thing to beef up. as of now if i run anything besides the batteries it will be an accu-volt and not a cap maybe a batt cap....but i have a 290 amp alt and 5 batteries so current isnt an issue=) especially when dealing with sub 200 amp draw peak and i can set my voltage up pretty nice only use to me of the caps is power off voltage
Batt CAP i'm told has very very high esr/esl. Yes your right CAPs are not ment as a power fix BUT rather a FIX for the SPEED at which batteries or the ALT can meet demand.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.