Can't Find my problem

Dont use different sized ground and power wires... Also, if you're actually drawing 2200 Watts rms on a stock electrical you very well could have killed it due to voltage drops, depending on your stock alt.

EDIT: Also, were the gains set properly?

Does your amp smell burnt? Or Fried? A lot could cause an amp to blow, but what do mean when you say how do you keep it from getting too much power? Take it to local car audio shop, and ask them to test it.

An amp can't receive too much power on a stock electrical system. Problem lies in not getting enough power to the amp. When you under power an amplifier it will often times heat up and cause an internal failure. Just because it lights up does not mean the amp is working. I blew the engine in my car but my headlights still worked. The amp or subs obviously have a problem. What have you done to make sure the subs are not blown? Being a hifonics amp, which tend to be temperamental with voltage/power, I'm guessing your amp is the culprit

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.