do i need a secondary battery?

cannabispinoy

hey guys i am new to forum and a car audio newbie. My current setup is 220 singer alternator, big 3 has been done(grounded well), crescendo amp bc2000d(bass), s800.4(mids and highs), 2 fi bl's in a ported enclosure tuned to 31hz. My question is do I need a 2nd battery in the rear? My lights dim a bit not too bad as before. If I got the 2nd battery would it help as I do have a SMD VM and i do see it drop from 14.9 to 13's when the bass hits.(sample song, Rack City) I have an xs power d2400 under the hood currently with all 0awg SHCA OFC wire. If I dont need a battery, how can I improve the voltage drop? I dont want to get a capacitor as i hear its a waste of money. Any feed back will help...FYI I did go on XS power's site and it says for a system around 3000 watts i should put a xs power xp750 as the secondary.

Yeah id suggest a second battery. The bigger the better or just get a few smaller batteries depending on the price and space you have. Check the classifieds section for electrical here there are a few different batts for sale

Required to run a 1/0 from the mounting bolt of the alternator to the negative post of the first battery.

Wire Gauge Recommended

Maximum Fuse Size

00 awg 400 amps

0 awg 325 amps

1 awg 250 amps

2 awg 200 amps

4 awg 125 amps

6 awg 80 amps

8 awg 50 amps

10 awg 30 amps

12 awg 20 amps

14 awg 15 amps

16 awg 7.5 amps

These are the recommended maximum fuse ratings for the corresponding wire size. Using a smaller fuse than what's recommended here will be perfectly safe.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.