Can't Find my problem

JakeHigg78

I have 2 Alpine Type R 15's powered by a Hifonics Gladiator 2200 watt amp. They were playing great for about a week. They were playing great and I went to show a friend and kept it at about 40/62 volume for a while and all of the sudden it went static and shut off. The amp was still lit up and didn't go into protect mode. My subs aren't blown. And whenever I reconnect the bass knob the subs hit a little. I'm not sure if the amp blew, if it needs reset (I don't know how to), or what the problem is. I've already tried unplugging everything and making sure they're snug again along with all the initial solutions you'd usually try. If anyone could help that'd be great

1100 watts on a 500w rms sub will blow almost all the time. in know the typeR subs say 750 but lets get real. maybe 600w rms? where is your amp grounded at? your using pioneer radio so you need to be at about 55 when tuning your amp and you should be at 38.7v ac if checking with a DMM at 1ohm for 1500w RMS.

Just checked the subs. They aren't blown. So the problem lies within my amp I believe. It still turns on and lights up but no power from it. It is receiving signal fine. My ground wire is only 4 gauge, but it is not very long- that's the only other problem I can think it could be.

so different size wire used for your ground and power to the amp? id say you killed the amp. just from everything youre saying. take the amp out and try it in a buddies car. if it still doesn't work then you know for sure

Over 12 with the car turned OFF. and how would that kill the amp? I don't understand why the amp would turn on and glow. And when I plug the bass knob in it gives the subs a little bit of power.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.