Can you fit a 5 cube box in an '08 Impala?

2 12's is what you need especially if you can not face your 15 to the back of the trunk. This man knows his stuff. BTW I am going to be selling off my subs to get the newer axis's and run them on a 3000d at .5

I was gonna throw a Sundown SAX-1200 at it. But I am now thinking I am gonna lean towards a Sundown Z 18 or Fi Q 18. Both can go in smaller sealed enclosures. The only thing is both cost more and take more power which will cost me more also. I'll figure something out. Thanks for the help!
If I were you I would run a Sundown SA-15 these things can handle alot but yet with the SAX-1200 would be plenty. And if you are only running a SAX-1200 you are way under powering the Z and the Q.

If I were you I would run a Sundown SA-15 these things can handle alot but yet with the SAX-1200 would be plenty. And if you are only running a SAX-1200 you are way under powering the Z and the Q.
why is this always said? I still do not get the logic behind it.

May I ask why yes he has a supposed 14k in there but 3k doing the same thing is pretty nice.
He normally has the gain wayyyy down on his ****. The time I saw that car he had an SD 8k with only like 1/16th gain..

But I get what you're saying, I always find it strange when people have 10k + to their cars and you see something with like 2/3k doing the same work.. I would love to have an efficient setup rather than power hungry. Saves money.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
I was wondering the same thing. Everyone thinks just because a speaker says "XXXX" for the RMS. THey think that if your not dead on that or over it. then your underpowering it.

I just had some 15s that were rated for 800 watts RMS. I put 250 watts to 1 of them. And the sucker still sounded awesome and loud.

I was wondering the same thing. Everyone thinks just because a speaker says "XXXX" for the RMS. THey think that if your not dead on that or over it. then your underpowering it.
I just had some 15s that were rated for 800 watts RMS. I put 250 watts to 1 of them. And the sucker still sounded awesome and loud.
The under power myth has been around for a long time. No matter how many times it is discussed it seems no one ever remembers that it is only a myth.

Haha that reminds me of this time a friend of mine was going to buy a 15" memphis sub (the ones with the greyish logo on them) and when he connected it up to his amp (400 watts or so) it sounded blown, and I told my friend not to buy it cause he would be wasting his money.

Well the guy selling the sub got all mad and said it sounds like that cause he's only putting 400 watts to it and it was a 5000 watt speaker lol. He said he had some 3000 watt amp to it before and it banged. I then showed him my 1500 watt 15" TC setup and he was even more mad when mine was much much louder lol. Some serious lulz were had that day.

The under power myth has been around for a long time. No matter how many times it is discussed it seems no one ever remembers that it is only a myth.
I just read the myth the other day on CACO. Someone is selling some DC Level 5s. And someone left a comment saying "2k won't even make the speaker move. Way under powering it"

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.