Can you fit a 5 cube box in an '08 Impala?

I would never suggest to him to run a sub at 1/3 of the RMS. Of course any sub can run underpowered, but hes much better off getting an FI Q or something in that realm to control the sub better... Thats just a waste of money IMO, unless he plans on bumping up amps real soon.
Again that is a bit off on what you are suggesting. I understand what you are saying though.

However, you have to look at what is a better deal over all. There is no reason why some one can not buy a 2500rms sub and put 1k to it daily. It will work perfectly fine and sound great while doing it. Then if they want to upgrade in the future all they have to do is upgrade amps and done. It is call "future proofing" your system. Why buy things 3 or 4 times over? Far to many people including on this forum think you need to run RMS(or more) to get a sub to work correctly which is simply not true what so ever.

Not hating on you, just so happened I seen this very topic on a few threads and at some point this will need to be addressed instead of pushing off information that is not true.

However, in this situation there is no need to argue as I do not see him getting an 18 back there with a decent enclosure.

Again that is a bit off on what you are suggesting. I understand what you are saying though.
However, you have to look at what is a better deal over all. There is no reason why some one can not buy a 2500rms sub and put 1k to it daily. It will work perfectly fine and sound great while doing it. Then if they want to upgrade in the future all they have to do is upgrade amps and done. It is call "future proofing" your system. Why buy things 3 or 4 times over? Far to many people including on this forum think you need to run RMS(or more) to get a sub to work correctly which is simply not true what so ever.

Not hating on you, just so happened I seen this very topic on a few threads and at some point this will need to be addressed instead of pushing off information that is not true.

However, in this situation there is no need to argue as I do not see him getting an 18 back there with a decent enclosure.
For sure, I hear you. I didnt mean for it to seem like it was a bad thing to underpower it, just felt that it could potentially be a waste of money. You are far more knowledgeable than I.

For sure, I hear you. I didnt mean for it to seem like it was a bad thing to underpower it, just felt that it could potentially be a waste of money. You are far more knowledgeable than I.
I agree that it "could be" a waste for some. However, if any one thinks for even a second they might want more power and the option to get larger subs for a similar price as the smaller subs then they should snag the bigger ones. In most cases the difference on low power will be little to none unless the enclosure is not a decent design. If it is then you are good to go. Then you can get a bigger amp when funds are there or you fell like upgrading and your done...unless you need electrical to back it up of course..then that is whole new topic haha.

I think his setup would depend on port options he would go with and how he wants it all to "look" when you open the trunk. Personally I like the idea of dual 12s or multiple 10s or 8s. I never cared for the lets stick a huge sub in the trunk idea..however, most locals to me are like that... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

I think his setup would depend on port options he would go with and how he wants it all to "look" when you open the trunk. Personally I like the idea of dual 12s or multiple 10s or 8s. I never cared for the lets stick a huge sub in the trunk idea..however, most locals to me are like that... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
Unfortunately those are the jobs I turn down I refuse to do that and hinder the subs performance its a waste of time and effort honestly.

Unfortunately those are the jobs I turn down I refuse to do that and hinder the subs performance its a waste of time and effort honestly.
I refuse a large amount of them. However, some are simply to lucrative to turn turn down. Or as I just found out, the current build we are doing everything should have went very smoothly only to find that I was wrong all around on that one. So lucky for me he damaged a sub while we were working on his new enclosure..so he dropped to 12s and made everyone very very happy in the end haha.

Update: I just bought a Skar Audio 1500.1 amp off the classifieds here. So thats now the power I am going to be working with.

I really appreciate all the input guys. The 18 is sounding like almost too much of a hassle at this point. I think I am going to start looking at a 15 or 2 12's. But I need to find something that will give me that bowel shaking feeling I got from my JL 18 when Master P says "turn up the bass on the 18s" in the song Smoking Green. lol

What kind of budget? There are many 12s or 15s that can do very well on that kind of power. The output you want will be more in the enclosure/install then the actual product itself though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.