Can someone please help me match an amp to speakers?

xicanadri

Hey guys,

My husband is a sound system junkie and long story short I'm trying to surprise him with new front and rear speakers for his '91 Honda Civic for Christmas. Unfortunately I know nothing about sound systems but I know there is math involved and that watts and ohms matter (I do listen when he talks about it!). Here's what I know:

1) He already has a Kenwood KAC-9102D Subwoofer Mono Amplifier he wants to use here at the specs for it:

mono subwoofer amplifier •500 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (850 watts x 1 at 2 ohms) •variable low-pass filter (50-200 Hz at 24 dB per octave) •variable bass boost (0-18 dB at 40 Hz ) •subsonic filter (15/25 Hz, 18 dB/octave ) •top-mounted controls •Class D design •CEA-2006 compliant •speaker- and preamp-level inputs •preamp outputs •fuse rating: 30A x 2 •4-gauge power and ground leads recommended — wiring and hardware not included with amplifier •15"W x 2-7/16"H x 11-3/4"D

2) He likes Rockford Fosgate speakers, specifically the Punch line.

Can anyone help me find some RF speakers that will match this amp? A total of 4 speakers (both front, both rear) will be hooked up. Not sure if it makes a difference, but he doesn't have a sub yet. I'm just getting him speakers though.

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ASAP! THNX //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Hey guys,
My husband is a sound system junkie and long story short I'm trying to surprise him with new front and rear speakers for his '91 Honda Civic for Christmas. Unfortunately I know nothing about sound systems but I know there is math involved and that watts and ohms matter (I do listen when he talks about it!). Here's what I know:

1) He already has a Kenwood KAC-9102D Subwoofer Mono Amplifier he wants to use here at the specs for it:

mono subwoofer amplifier •500 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (850 watts x 1 at 2 ohms) •variable low-pass filter (50-200 Hz at 24 dB per octave) •variable bass boost (0-18 dB at 40 Hz ) •subsonic filter (15/25 Hz, 18 dB/octave ) •top-mounted controls •Class D design •CEA-2006 compliant •speaker- and preamp-level inputs •preamp outputs •fuse rating: 30A x 2 •4-gauge power and ground leads recommended — wiring and hardware not included with amplifier •15"W x 2-7/16"H x 11-3/4"D

2) He likes Rockford Fosgate speakers, specifically the Punch line.

Can anyone help me find some RF speakers that will match this amp? A total of 4 speakers (both front, both rear) will be hooked up. Not sure if it makes a difference, but he doesn't have a sub yet. I'm just getting him speakers though.

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ASAP! THNX //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Patience please. Its a little late and you may not get any honest help until tomorrow.

Thanks for the reply,

My budget is up to $150 but I don't mind going over if I must to please my hubby. The thing is that amp used to be in my car a couple years ago. He set up a sound system for me, but then my car got totaled and the sub and amp was all we could get out of the car. We just left the speakers in the car decided it was too much trouble to take them out (they were aftermarket speakers). So he knows what he's doing I just need to make sure I get him something compatible. The amp has been collecting dust and he's finally getting around to using it again but his car has the stock speakers. I wish I had paid attention to the specs of my old speakers but I didn't and I could easily ask him and get an answer but that will ruin the surprise!

You can go to crutchfield.com, and put in make and model of vehicle, and it will give you a lot of options on which speakers to use. Even if you do not buy from them, a great resource.
Yeah., if you insist on drop-in speakers requiring NO modifications at all. Crutchfield told me at first my R-series Alpine speakers were "not a good fit" in my 2006 Grand Caravan, but when I got my four Alpine SPR-69s and two SPR-50's I found that five out of the six speakers were perfect fits in my 2006 Grand Caravan and the only speaker needing slight mods to fit was the driver's side dash speaker which was a little too deep to be a perfect fit, so I put it up on 1/4 inch spacers and it worked/fit perfectly.

John Kuthe...

So I finally realized that the amp I was referring to does not wire to speakers but to a subwoofer, even though someone pointed that out in the beginning. Please excuse my noobness and thanks to all who helped //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

QC-HF6.5

Not a bad price and they do sound decent with power

Stetsom VS 250.2

Built in Fan and made by a proven Company,and compact.Ive got one on the way

Id get a set of 4x6 or whatever size the rears are later on for fill, and place Bass caps on them and runoff of HU power,power the front stage up along with a decent sub

I think those are too deep unless he builds pods..If its a 2 dr civic.. should be 6.5 up front and 4x6 rears,same as Integra..I ran a pair of Polk MoMo 6.5s up front along with a Kicker KS25 tweet in upper pillar on a Mean Machine 66 hc and loud n clean
glad you caught that. yea the momos are nice as well..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.