Can Someone Model Some Subs for Me?

Im not far from it Im sure. im just doing my thing ya know. Im getting too old for some things in general. Just rolling with it.

I'm a competitive person and like competing in the bass game. I will be adding 57% more cone area next week. I'm waiting on a 5K amp that fits under my driver's seat. I compete in my work truck.

My other choice was four VFL 10's. They only come in D4 and I need D2's according to Bob from AB. He texted me personally and advised me of that. My next choice was XFL 10's. Four SA 10's or four XFL 10's? This is happening in the next couple of weeks. Competitions are on the horizon.
To get the XFLs to do any real work would be in a min of 1.8 ea to be honest and some power. I had the room to utilize. You really dont unless you go way above window line or a bed/or rear window removal for a single cab.But??? It wouldnt be hard to cut some holes and do other 10s and try that out in the enclosure you have to work with. If It blows Azz?? Do a baffle and put your 8s back in?

I'm a competitive person and like competing in the bass game. I will be adding 57% more cone area next week. I'm waiting on a 5K amp that fits under my driver's seat. I compete in my work truck.
A good friend of mine that moved to Kansas didnt compete but had one hell of a SQ system in his work truck that I would go to Mecca Meets with and Audio shows with.When you close those doors.. A whisper was crystal. Mark was a hell of a guy man.I lost touch with him a couple years back.

To get the XFLs to do any real work would be in a min of 1.8 ea to be honest and some power. I had the room to utilize. You really dont unless you go way above window line or a bed/or rear window removal for a single cab.But??? It wouldnt be hard to cut some holes and do other 10s and try that out in the enclosure you have to work with. If It blows Azz?? Do a baffle and put your 8s back in?

I figure the SA's ask for 1.0 cubes each and I will be giving them .92 cubes that I will be safe. Within 8% should work.

Box too small.

Response is gonna be peaky and you'll run into power compression before getting the result you want.

Personally would not put those subs in anything smaller than 1.25 each more likely 1.5 each

I’m not against whacking the numbers into WINISD and seeing what it spits out for box size, assuming I can get the specs into the program without it spitting out integrity check errors (tried to do this with some old Visonik V1065S4 subs and took a while to get WinISD happy with the TS parameters, and I recall having that happen a lot years ago. I have not built a box in 10 years. That said, I can try when I get a chance if I feel up to it, assuming I don’t run into issues, but I make no guarantees.

Here is a question though. Sundown has always been a solid company as far as I remember being on forums for 15 + years, so why not send them an email with your current box specs and your plan to run 4, and see what they say? Surely they would know what will work and what won’t, or if that size box will allow solid performance.

10 years ago you would have had 50 people model this for you within 10 minutes.

i put the parameters in winisd.

Actually, the box may be too big. 3.7cu/ft net with a 7x6.25 port dimension which equals 43.75in/sq. It is 22.25in long tuned to 33.95hz.

compared to 4 sa10's in a 3.7cu/ft sealed box, the ported box is VERY peaky. At around 35hz you have well over 30-40ms group delay. Within 5hz, from 35 to 40hz there's a 3db difference.

The box is so big for these subs, this is a rare case where I would attempt a 6th order build instead. 😵

Actually, the box may be too big. 3.7cu/ft net with a 7x6.25 port dimension which equals 43.75in/sq. It is 22.25in long tuned to 33.95hz.

compared to 4 sa10's in a 3.7cu/ft sealed box, the ported box is VERY peaky. At around 35hz you have well over 30-40ms group delay. Within 5hz, from 35 to 40hz there's a 3db difference.

The box is so big for these subs, this is a rare case where I would attempt a 6th order build instead. 😵

Why did you bring up a sealed box? I'm going to run the SA 10's in a 3.69 cubes net ported box. Are you saying that my 3.69 cube ported box is too big for the 10's?

How am I going to do a sixth order behind my seat? 🤣

Screenshot_20211115-161420_Facebook.jpg
20211116_224917.jpg

Last edited:
Why did you bring up a sealed box? I'm going to run the SA 10's in a 3.69 cubes net ported box. Are you saying that my 3.69 cube ported box is too big for the 10's?

I used a sealed setup as a reference point. Compared to that, yes the ported box might be too big for 4 sa10's. However, I'm using a Ql factor of 1000, which means the box is completely lossless and doesnt leak air, which makes the predicted frequency response look very peaky.

How am I going to do a sixth order behind my seat?

Tough call, might not have the best dimensions available.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...