Can Someone Model Some Subs for Me?

My current box is only 3.69 cubes net not 4.4.

Well i think you will be more that 3 db down at 30hz then but that doesn't mean you won't get decently loud at 30hz your adding another sub and hopefully adequate power between the 4. I think you'll find that you will have a box that will be 32-45hz peaky but then again you might not even notice how peaky it is without a meter to read it. 6db of peak is alot but to the ear it's not that much.

If it's just a mounting panel swap I see no reason to not try the 3.7cube box.

Well i think you will be more that 3 db down at 30hz then but that doesn't mean you won't get decently loud at 30hz your adding another sub and hopefully adequate power between the 4. I think you'll find that you will have a box that will be 32-45hz peaky but then again you might not even notice how peaky it is without a meter to read it. 6db of peak is alot but to the ear it's not that much.

If it's just a mounting panel swap I see no reason to not try the 3.7cube box.

What do you mean adding another sub? I'm just switching out 4 - 8's for 4 - 10's.

Similar situation more cone area more air displacement

For some reason I thought you were going from 3 10s to 4 tens.

4 8s to 4 10s is even more dramatic of a cone area change. 113in² of cone area difference the equivalent of 2 more 8s.

Correct. 57% more cone area. I would like to be a little windier and pick up a db or two.

Correct. 57% more cone area. I would like to be a little windier and pick up a db or two.

You should be able to do both. Your lower frequency limit might be a few hertz higher and you might need more power to maintain the current lower frequency db

But if you lose a few db at 25 hz and can still play 28hz due to cabin gain. You may very well grab a few db at peak. It'll definitely be windier. Though I don't really see 4 tens as alot of cone area. It's more than I've run in recent years. Lol

Me I'm gonna go from 2 10s to 4 6.5s so I can drop my rear seats back to factory height. I had 2 6.5s at 1 point that were decent so 4 bigger 6.5s on more power should be fine.

You should be able to do both. Your lower frequency limit might be a few hertz higher and you might need more power to maintain the current lower frequency db

But if you lose a few db at 25 hz and can still play 28hz due to cabin gain. You may very well grab a few db at peak. It'll definitely be windier. Though I don't really see 4 tens as alot of cone area. It's more than I've run in recent years. Lol

Me I'm gonna go from 2 10s to 4 6.5s so I can drop my rear seats back to factory height. I had 2 6.5s at 1 point that were decent so 4 bigger 6.5s on more power should be fine.

That cone area is fairly close in your setup. Good luck.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...