Can someone explain this to me(Diagram Included)

im sure you guys are having a good ole time.
because im sure you all came out of your mom knowing everything about electricity and car audio.
I might not have known it when I came out of my mom but I definitely knew it when I came into yours. Don't start 100 threads asking these dumb ass questions. Start 1 thread where you just ask all your dumb ass questions in succession. CCAB = Can't Comprehend Anything Boys

ccab, not to be a dick, but you get treated this way because you jump into these projects and then ask questions that are obvious to people who have been working with mobile electronics. It's like you want someone to hold your hand and walk you through it. You need to do more research and learn more before tackling these projects by yourself.

Anyways, back to your question. You can connect the wires anyway. Crimp caps, butt connectors, etc. What I would do personally is just use a pair of side strippers. Side strippers will strip back the insulation of a wire without cutting the actual wire itself. After the insulation is stripped, you can connect the wires and solder.

I might not have known it when I came out of my mom but I definitely knew it when I came into yours. Don't start 100 threads asking these dumb ass questions. Start 1 thread where you just ask all your dumb ass questions in succession. CCAB = Can't Comprehend Anything Boys
your just an ass. plain and simple.

ccab, not to be a dick, but you get treated this way because you jump into these projects and then ask questions that are obvious to people who have been working with mobile electronics. It's like you want someone to hold your hand and walk you through it. You need to do more research and learn more before tackling these projects by yourself.
Anyways, back to your question. You can connect the wires anyway. Crimp caps, butt connectors, etc. What I would do personally is just use a pair of side strippers. Side strippers will strip back the insulation of a wire without cutting the actual wire itself. After the insulation is stripped, you can connect the wires and solder.
thank you.

please post pics of your car burned to the ground... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
LOL! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/hilarious.gif.02a037aad04aa96f19982b298a3d70a8.gif

In an effort to ignore the topic at hand...based on your sig, do your subs overwhelm your mids and highs? Just curious as I tend to try to keep things pretty balanced and I know there are many out here who are all about bass. Thanks man!

In an effort to ignore the topic at hand...based on your sig, do your subs overwhelm your mids and highs? Just curious as I tend to try to keep things pretty balanced and I know there are many out here who are all about bass. Thanks man!
My subs hit about everything. Im the same with you. I tuned my box to get pretty much a diverse variety of all the notes possible. I can even hit those really low notes too that sound pretty good.

My subs hit about everything. Im the same with you. I tuned my box to get pretty much a diverse variety of all the notes possible. I can even hit those really low notes too that sound pretty good.
Lol! He quoted the other guy because he was asking HIM... not you. Please respond to my question.

At full tilt, the bass does overwhelm. However, at normal listening volumes, I'm satisfied with how everything blends together. I'm not an sq person at all, I just wanted to have a semi impressive system in terms of spl, considering it's a single 12 in a trunk car.

l_e8c36c7446ac7fcbb0c7af4fdbc0593e.jpg

this will happen

At full tilt, the bass does overwhelm. However, at normal listening volumes, I'm satisfied with how everything blends together. I'm not an sq person at all, I just wanted to have a semi impressive system in terms of spl, considering it's a single 12 in a trunk car.
What is the max RMS you are getting out of the Kenwood? I ask as the options are:

70 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms (100 watts RMS x 4 at 2 ohms)

200 watts RMS x 2 bridged output at 4 ohms (4 ohm stable in bridged mode)

I know your Kole looks to be a max 3,000 W RMS but it looks as though in reality you get this:

RMS (Continuous) Power: 1100 Watts @ 4 Ohm

RMS (Continuous) Power: 1800 Watts @ 2 Ohm

Based on the continuous figures it looks as though it would not be so overwhelming even at full tilt.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.