battery opinions.

Participant count
  • Participant list

xxxbasshead
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Kinetik...have 2 HC 2000's under the hood and they are AWESOME! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsup.gif.3287b36ca96645a13a43aff531f37f02.gif

Werker batts are manufactured by East Penn (Deka). They should work fine for car audio. It all comes down to the price. Compare prices with the Deka Intimidator which is their higher end line.

Werker batts are manufactured by East Penn (Deka). They should work fine for car audio. It all comes down to the price. Compare prices with the Deka Intimidator which is their higher end line.
I always thought that "car audio" batteries were manufactured a bit differently to handle the specific requirements of amplifiers...am I wrong or is a battery just a battery? Or maybe it's all about marketing? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

I always thought that "car audio" batteries were manufactured a bit differently to handle the specific requirements of amplifiers...am I wrong or is a battery just a battery? Or maybe it's all about marketing? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif
Theres nothing really special. Any decent deep cycle AGM batt will work. Some will work a little better because of build quality etc. Sure a batt with a really low internal resistance would work great for any use, not just car audio.

Just look at all the people using telecom batteries for car audio such as C&D's. Those batts are designed to output a low amount of current for a long time, but people use them for high current car audio with not many problems (I suspect a shorter battery life but I've seen no data).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

xxxbasshead

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Veteran
xxxbasshead
lake forst , ca
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date