Calling out @Hertz Mafia

Yea you tapped out huh? At this point I'm clipping it a tad on some notes so getting clean power will help maybe not output but efficiency and keep things running cooler. My car sounds like crap. The roof is stright up broken. I don't have much choice.
the size alone is a great benefit, but you need to work on your electrical first. get a few banks of caps or 90ah of lithium imo

The guys here said of lithium don't daily very good is there any truth to that?
no

they just dont put out voltage at 13 or 14v

caps are arguably better but it depends. if you have one alternator you dont have a choice, caps wont help as much

The guys here said of lithium don't daily very good is there any truth to that?
Shizzon put together that huge post talking about how to correctly size them. If you haven't got room for a huge AGM bank or multiple alternators, lithium is probably about your only option. A few cap banks may give you enough reserve for 3 second burp, but you're still getting into the cost and weight of 40AH lithium.

Shizzon put together that huge post talking about how to correctly size them. If you haven't got room for a huge AGM bank or multiple alternators, lithium is probably about your only option. A few cap banks may give you enough reserve for 3 second burp, but you're still getting into the cost and weight of 40AH lithium.
the batcap seems to do similar to what they describe the lithium but it seems to put out juice at 12.5 pretty good. i have some of the most inefficient amps about 1500 watts of 40% efficiency class AB amps. so that's killing me. the lowest i seen was 11.9 and it creeps up to about 12.2 or so.. if the batcap wasn't so heavy id get another one but i think i'm get a 45AH limitless and a deep cycle upfront with the 320 i think ill be ok wit hte 12 or 15k as long as i'm not clipping it... Im taking the other two amps out and putting the mids and highs on just the 800.2 it probably wont keep up then but i need a solid power class D 6 channel.. like 200x6.

anyone want a pair of PG xenon 100.2s and a 800.4 for 400 + shipping?

Last edited by a moderator:
lol even class ab your 4 channel isn't causing you the problem

the lack out alternator output and the fact that the batcap is what i said it was previously is your issue

What a noob. I thought papermaker knew all there was to know about car audio and was better at it than all the rest of us here. At least that's what he has said several times.

the lack out alternator output and the fact that the batcap is what i said it was previously is your issue
The batcap is supporting 1500 class ab and around 5kw. The alt is weak. I think its pretty strong honestly.

---------- Post added at 10:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 PM ----------

What a noob. I thought papermaker knew all there was to know about car audio and was better at it than all the rest of us here. At least that's what he has said several times.
I never used alot of this new equpiment. If I don't know I ask.

30+ pages only to see an unofficial 151? I hope there was some intentional trolling going on. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif

I have 1 4channel and 2 2 channels about 3200 watts of draw. Off the sub amp I have about 7kw of draw.

One x8800 and a 200 amp alt holds low 12s on the power hungry notes and 12.6 to 12.8 on the higher stuff.

---------- Post added at 11:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 PM ----------

30+ pages only to see an unofficial 151? I hope there was some intentional trolling going on. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif
Naw. I was bullshitting. Lol. I'm waiting for the guy with the meter to tell me go over to test..

40% efficiency class AB amps.
First of all, you should have toggle switches to the remote turnon for your mids and highs for when you compete. Second it's not like you should be drawing much power at all for just mids and highs. The mids and highs amps aren't the deal breaker here if you're not getting loud.

If you're going for 3 seconds on the meter the batcap should be adequate. Run it as close to the amp as you can or run as many runs of cable as you can afford.

If this ***** does 151 I'll never do another system again.

Guy had 4 18s doing 151 at the head rest. My car is way way louder. I heard a 158 and I'm not far behind his if any.. his peaks at 42 so it hard to tell.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.