Calling out @Hertz Mafia

What vehicle? Single 15 should be running out of excursion unless you're tuned a bit higher and aggressively using subsonic filter. Low notes require a LOT of displacement and as you tune low to control the cone low you'll lose cone control away from (above) tuning. Are you wired to 2 ohms as well?
Silverado Ext cab, the 99-03 body style

I'm not sure if 147.5 is even good considering I have an *** load of power on a Team AA but I imagine I can get closer to a 148 or 149 and maybe even a 150+ if I mess with the box orientation. Sub up port up would no doubt do much better

Good to hear I'm right in thinking it's normal to have it bottoming out outside of that range, one of the reasons I plan on getting a second Team AA and different box.

I'm not sure if 147.5 is even good considering I have an *** load of power on a Team AA but I imagine I can get closer to a 148 or 149 and maybe even a 150+ if I mess with the box orientation. Sub up port up would no doubt do much better

Good to hear I'm right in thinking it's normal to have it bottoming out outside of that range, one of the reasons I plan on getting a second Team AA and different box.
My buddy has 1 sundown xv2 15 in a Ford tourus on 3k and he’s shooting for 150db+ at 28hz...his last trunk build was 152db at 28hz with two zv4 12s on 8k.... a lot single 15s guys doing 150+

If that legal it's decent. I did that with 1 15 dash window down tuned to 34. I'd shink it to 4 tuned to 34 with 80 in^2.

5s too big.

I have not clamped it, but I have learned of another brand that uses the same board (sold mostly in Europe). The barevids guy on youtube that does amp repair has about a 6.5 hour video of him working on one. AFAIK he is waiting on MOSFETs to arrive so he can finish it. I expect much of the time it took him is he repairs the driver card if it's gone out. Anyway, he usually clamps things before he finishes.. at the very least the rail voltage should be telling.
If you're having trouble with battery now a bigger amp won't help you.

Assuming you have pretty much anything besides a trunk you should be able to get some solid numbers too. Most of those TC subs work fairly well in small-ish boxes IIRC.

You absolute madman.

Keep an eye on the classifieds. Meters come up used here and there. Also if one of those companies comes out with a new entry level price pressure sensor it should be very reasonably priced. Should hold decent resale value as well for what its worth.

You can usually pick up .5 in gains with little stuff if you have some time to test. Some people can 'find' much more.

What vehicle? Single 15 should be running out of excursion unless you're tuned a bit higher and aggressively using subsonic filter. Low notes require a LOT of displacement and as you tune low to control the cone low you'll lose cone control away from (above) tuning. Are you wired to 2 ohms as well?
Getting another battery upfront my pos redtop is dead. And a 320 amp alt. Should be good. I'm holding low 12s when I clip it so once I'm overpowering it clean I should be ok.

If that legal it's decent. I did that with 1 15 dash window down tuned to 34. I'd shink it to 4 tuned to 34 with 80 in^2. 5s too big.
Yeah it is legal afaik, the meter was placed by eye not measured. the roof needs to be reinforced the entire truck sounds like **** playing 35hz tones because it flexes so much even with the entire back wall reinforced with 1inch mdf glued in

not gonna mess with the box because ill be getting a new one soon anyway. I could throw some 2x4s in to shrink it

the port area seems big as it is, it's not very flat but its flatter than i expected. 8 inch octoport so something like 55 in^2. gets windier if i shrink the port

a lot single 15s guys doing 150+
i have done 0 tuning for the meter so to do a 147.5 without tuning seems to be a great start

Assuming you have pretty much anything besides a trunk you should be able to get some solid numbers too. Most of those TC subs work fairly well in small-ish boxes IIRC.
Yep, most of the TC drivers are motored for small-sh boxes. Some of the pure SQ oriented drivers prefer a much roomier enclosure but not many. It'll be going in the Torrent so no trunk, thankfully.
If/when I attempt to build a setup that is loud(to me), the hardest pill I will have to swallow is tuning higher than I usually do. I just hate that type of sound. To me, it defeats the purpose of a SUBwoofer. Until recently, for the last 20 years I've had 8's or 10's up front and they were able to cover everything down into the 30's. My subs are almost always crossed at 40Hz or lower. Covering everything down to 14-16Hz with true pitch definition and authority, simply to add the visceral foundation of the music up front. I'm more of a wide-bandwidth, big-box, low-power kinda guy who likes the subtle details in the music. In reality, I probably never see anything over 140-143dB.

Still, I remember being younger and loving the slam of 3 or 4 15" subs. I'm not too old to do some more of that. I know I could come close to 150 with some planning and effort.

In due time.

Yeah it is legal afaik, the meter was placed by eye not measured. the roof needs to be reinforced the entire truck sounds like **** playing 35hz tones because it flexes so much even with the entire back wall reinforced with 1inch mdf glued in
not gonna mess with the box because ill be getting a new one soon anyway. I could throw some 2x4s in to shrink it

the port area seems big as it is, it's not very flat but its flatter than i expected. 8 inch octoport so something like 55 in^2. gets windier if i shrink the port

i have done 0 tuning for the meter so to do a 147.5 without tuning seems to be a great start
thats a 149 to 15o kick..

Yep, most of the TC drivers are motored for small-sh boxes. Some of the pure SQ oriented drivers prefer a much roomier enclosure but not many. It'll be going in the Torrent so no trunk, thankfully.
If/when I attempt to build a setup that is loud(to me), the hardest pill I will have to swallow is tuning higher than I usually do. I just hate that type of sound. To me, it defeats the purpose of a SUBwoofer. Until recently, for the last 20 years I've had 8's or 10's up front and they were able to cover everything down into the 30's. My subs are almost always crossed at 40Hz or lower. Covering everything down to 14-16Hz with true pitch definition and authority, simply to add the visceral foundation of the music up front. I'm more of a wide-bandwidth, big-box, low-power kinda guy who likes the subtle details in the music. In reality, I probably never see anything over 140-143dB.

Still, I remember being younger and loving the slam of 3 or 4 15" subs. I'm not too old to do some more of that. I know I could come close to 150 with some planning and effort.

In due time.
Never too old to slam lol !

thats a 149 to 15o kick..
it sounds like it considering i was probably as loud if not louder to my ear than a guy in a suv with 2 15s doing a 153 but thats my ears not the meter and he was doing weird **** by opening the rear door like 2 inches

---------- Post added at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 PM ----------

Never too old to slam lol !
very true, loudest guys at the show were in their 40s and 50s

it sounds like it considering i was probably as loud if not louder to my ear than a guy in a suv with 2 15s doing a 153 but thats my ears not the meter and he was doing weird **** by opening the rear door like 2 inches---------- Post added at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 PM ----------

sounds like cancellation. how does the bass 12K sound compared the the VP? i know the VP love .33 but i think id rather get a 12 or 15k then recone.

it sounds like it considering i was probably as loud if not louder to my ear than a guy in a suv with 2 15s doing a 153 but thats my ears not the meter and he was doing weird **** by opening the rear door like 2 inches---------- Post added at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 PM ----------

i don't try to tell what louder. i try to feel it. low tuning always sound louder.

Not great. The first DB Drag show where I got 150+ the other guy in my class was also single 15"(nightshade) in a pickup and he was 149ish on around 5K, tuned Musical. That said, you probably gain 2dB+ with driver's side window or door open. Pickups are actually not friendly for getting loud sealed up.

Getting another battery upfront my pos redtop is dead. And a 320 amp alt. Should be good. I'm holding low 12s when I clip it so once I'm overpowering it clean I should be ok.
I've got 3 110AH plus 4 55AH batteries plus 55AH under the hood plus Excessive Amperage alternator. Well built Korean amps make power at low voltage but you really can't possibly have enough batteries on them if you want them to really deliver the goods.

the meter was placed by eye not measured.
If you ever get to a proper show and have a judge place the meter with a jig you should get a little sticker to mark the place on your windshield for future testing. Position of the sensor on the glass even by a few inches can make a few tenths difference especially if you're trying to rely on little tricks (glove box, visors, etc.) to gain a tenth here and there.

If/when I attempt to build a setup that is loud(to me), the hardest pill I will have to swallow is tuning higher than I usually do.
What music do you listen to? I had run the TC-2000s and LMS 4000s very low tuned and enjoyed them a lot but I played a lot of movies to demo. Outside of sound effects the low stuff just wasn't missed playing actual music. I'm high tuned these days and not looking back.

Most everyone loud up my way is in that age group as well.

sounds like cancellation. how does the bass 12K sound compared the the VP? i know the VP love .33 but i think id rather get a 12 or 15k then recone.
no difference in sound until you get to high power but that doesnt even sound like it's the amp due to clipping, it sounds like the sub reaching its limits and the cab of my truck making noise due to flex

no difference in sound until you get to high power but that doesnt even sound like it's the amp due to clipping, it sounds like the sub reaching its limits and the cab of my truck making noise due to flex
Yea you tapped out huh? At this point I'm clipping it a tad on some notes so getting clean power will help maybe not output but efficiency and keep things running cooler.

My car sounds like crap. The roof is stright up broken. I don't have much choice.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.