Calculating Aero Port Length

Would it be ok for the inside flare to be near the driver like in the pic? Actually it's going to be an inch closer to the driver. 18"

If it's ok then I'm just going to go this route. The 90 elbow is going to be a pita..

IMG_0433.JPG

That will be fine. Honestly I'd skip the inside flare. You have a nice big port and low power, the flares aren't necessary. That pic I took of the 90 elbow on the port tube is 17.5 inches down the center, pretty much the same size as what you need. I would push the sub as far to the left as it will go and push the outer flare as far to the right and put them on the same face, but either configuration will work fine. The nice thing about box designing and building is that it doesn't have to be 100% perfect. 

What is foam core PVC? Looking for 4" and that seems to be the white stuff and is foam core. 
Foam core has to do with the plumbing industry and how the pipe is designed to be used. It's pretty much the standard type of pvc out there in hardware stores and isn't designed to carry more than 5psi of pressure inside. It's not something important to worry about for car audio installs. 

nope, it has to be at least the same distance away from the opening of the port as the diameter is. Example: 4" port must be at least 4" away from obstructions. Turn that ***** around and face it into the box. 

Spin it around, it will be fine below the woofer. Every build has a compromise somewhere along the way. 

Make sure the flare is sealed well. I think I see some areas that might leak.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would say leave it as it, mount the woofer, see how it sounds and if you dont like it, remove the brace and spin the port more then add 2 braces on either side of the port or just skip the bracing in that area. You're only running 400w, the box should be strong enough as is. If it was 1000w or more then I'd say to use the bracing for sure but it should be fine on the power level you're using.

Well, threw the enclosure in the trunk and tuned to a clean 50hz tone. Played a bunch of tracks (XCLSV & DJ Russticals)..

Conclusion: sounds terrible. All I hear is exaggerated boomy bass. 30,31,32,33,34,35 etc etc all sounds alike..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.