Calculating Aero Port Length

Final Design for a single 15 with lot's of help from THATpurpleKUSH. Thank's bro. First time messing with aeroports and torres.. 

Screenshot (13).png

Looks good, so you're letting the port stick out of the box by 5.75 inches?
Yea, I decided to go with the 6" aero bc if I ever decide to get a beefier 15 I can always toss it in this enclosure. I also didn't want the port firing to the side.. I think this enclosure's going to sound great..

How should I go about securing the aero sticking out of the enclosure?

Last edited by a moderator:
When you add the elbow, measure down the center of the elbow, it's hard but mine was about 12 inches. Lay the sub and port on the top/bottom pieces to adjust for clearance to layout the holes before cutting. When assembling the box, its easiest to put 4-5 sides together and then cut the sub and port holes. The partially assembled box acts like a workstand and saves you time from not have to reclamp and reposition the piece as you cut. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I went to Home Depot and Menards and none of the 45s fit the precision port flares.. The radius of the 6” pvc is larger therefore I cannot use.. 

I also checked the thinner pvc for storm drains etc and those don’t fit either..

What the heck!??

Also, isn’t the inside flare supposed to be as far from the driver as possible?? Just what I’ve been reading everywhere

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.