Cadence crossover question

Participant count
  • Participant list

Staynlean
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
The components are the Cadence cwm6 kit. The passive crossover has a setting that allows changing from -3db, 0db, +3db.

Does changing that setting effect the woofer performance at all, or is just to attenuate the tweeters? I'm not sure, help me out.

Well I can't, for the life of me figure out why my woofers sound so muddy and completely do not blend. They also sound weak, and have an echo sound to them. It's terrible.

The tweets are set at -3db and are WAY over powering the entire front stage. I don't know where else to go besides trying to go active off the head unit and using the passive crossovers for only the tweets, ran off of HU power.

I originally installed the tweets first off the HU using the crossovers and the door speakers were still stock.

It sounded great! I'm at a loss at how to get better sound out of my woofers. They are Amped off a prime 300/4. So they should be getting abt 50 watts.

Any and all help is appreciated.

Anybody else, I understand and knew the -3db and all settings were for the tweets but I can't, for the life of me understand how chitty my woofers sound. It's worse then stock x10.

Anyway, wtf can I do?

And, BUMP!

make sure the two mids are not out of phase..... check all your connections,crimps,crossovers wiring ect..... (are you sure that there is a problem? or are you expecting too much from the mids)?

whats wrong with them? are you saying the tweeters are playing louder than the mids or sumthing?

whats you HPF set to?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.