C6 vette install, lots of pics.

I know, but sometimes I can't help it.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/verymad.gif.3f39c5c2fd57527b671fad3efdfac756.gif

I never said SQ and loudness are related. Learn to read. JL's equipment is decent at best as far as performance. The only thing they have going for them is look and build quality. They cost a ridiculous amount and look good, so people just assume they sound great. I could make a great number of subwoofers annihilate most JL installs for a fraction of the price. SQ is dependent very little on the sub itself. If you truly think JL has great sounding drivers, you have never heard a good SQ setup.
Your right, you caught me! After 17 years installing, which by the way is one year longer than you are old, and the 20 or so cars I've sent to finals with JL installs, I've never heard a good SQ setup.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I never said SQ and loudness are related. Learn to read. JL's equipment is decent at best as far as performance. The only thing they have going for them is look and build quality. They cost a ridiculous amount and look good, so people just assume they sound great. I could make a great number of subwoofers annihilate most JL installs for a fraction of the price. SQ is dependent very little on the sub itself. If you truly think JL has great sounding drivers, you have never heard a good SQ setup.

CAhatesJL.gif

I never understood all the JL hate on this board.

I forgot, old = smart. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif
You are arguing with a guy who has more experience with car audio than you have with breathing. Then you argue with one of the most intelligent and respected members on the forum (helotaxi). You are an imbecile if you think JL makes equipment that is "decent at best".

The W6 is a fantastic SQ woofer, and the W7 design is still more innovative than 95% of drivers on the market (nearly a decade after its release)

In short, STFU

West Coast Customs has been around for 16 years. I wouldn't trust them to operate a toaster. I'm not sure why everybody assumes that someone who's been doing something for a long time can't be wrong. I've heard so many people claim someone they know has been installing or working with systems for decades so they know what they're doing. "My dad has been an electrician all his life, he knows how to wire stuff!". Amp soon started on fire and I had to fix it.
"My uncle owns a customs shop, he knows what he's doing." says the boy with JL W7s in bandpass boxes on "12,000 watts". Sound like complete ass and my shitty Konaki hybrids sound much better, deeper, and louder.

Says the boy taking a shirtless pic of himself in a mirror with a cell phone because he can't figure out the timing setting on his mom's digicam. Very MySpace of you.
lets see you then?

or would you rather hide behind your keyboard //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

anyways... its pretty obvious to everyone here that your a tool and have no clue what your talking about

while no one says JL products are priced well, almost everyone agrees that they make good equipment

now, why dont you and your brother go make another hate thread about Stratusrt01

on second thought, that pic of me was taken at the request of a girl

are you telling me if a girl was asking you to send a picture of yourself without your shirt on to her (and if she approves you stand a very good chance of getting laid) you wouldnt do it?

if so then you sir, are a ***

I highly doubt a girl asked you to post a shirtless pic of you on a car audio forum as your avatar. That would be quite the odd request.
Why does everyone on this forum take it personally when something is said about a car audio company. Unless you own the company, don't get your panties in a bunch.
guess thats how we rolll in TN, i took the pic for the girl, it eventually ended up on here... in conclusion... your a ***

we dont take it personally when someone talks about a company, we take it personally when someone who is obviously misinformed/retarded (Read: you) spreads lies

have you ever owned a w6 or w7?

or any JL product for that matter?

lets see you then?
or would you rather hide behind your keyboard //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

anyways... its pretty obvious to everyone here that your a tool and have no clue what your talking about

while no one says JL products are priced well, almost everyone agrees that they make good equipment

now, why dont you and your brother go make another hate thread about Stratusrt01
Who is also a pretty cool guy from all I've heard. And a hell of an installer/box builder. Seems this kid just can't handle people who know more/have better stuff than him. Inferiority complex much??

I dislike Rich because he's an a$$hole, not because of his opinions on car audio. He's rather smart when it comes to any kind of audio. He builds awesome boxes.
You're the first person I've ever known to express that sentiment. Based on what I see in this thread, I doubt he was the problem. I may be wrong, but the evidence here indicates otherwise.

Looks great, im about to tackle somthing similar in my vette. Ive got to take out my diamond audio/memphis setup in mine right now and put something special in there.

Ive got RD Alpha 12's already for it, but I might just do a bunch of 8" L7's or something goofy //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.